Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 PM

46 posts, read 121,190 times

Advertisements

My DH has two possible jobs in Indiana. One is in Jasper IN and the other is in Logansport IN. We have been to both areas, but didn't get to spend a lot of time in them. We may have to choose whichever positon offers the best salary and benfits. But if the offers are similar, then we will have to decide which is best. I think Jasper is a prettier town area than Logansport. But Logansport is a lot closet to larger cities such as Lafayette and Kokomo. In Jasper it is an hour to Evansville and over an hr to Louisville. Logansport is closer to more education offerings than Jasper. People seemed nice in both areas. The country side was pretty in both places though different. Housing is comparable as well. If you have any good reasons to choose one or the other lets here them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 PM

7 posts, read 34,820 times
SMTFamily - I live in Santa Claus Indiana which is home to "Holiday World Splashin' Safari", Lincoln State Park and so much more. I'm curious if you've ever had the opportunity to visit us? We have a Gated Community w/ 3 Lakes and Miles of Shoreline. We also have an ungated Village that provides Free Holiday World Season Passes to it's property owners. Both Villages offer very affordable options and there are often Rentals in Christmas Lake Village. Rental Rates seem to stay pretty steady around $650 - 700 per month for a 3 Bedroom Single Family Home. Outside the village, rents can range from $450 (rural location) to in town at around $650; it just depends on the rental and it's location.

Last edited by jemarti; 06-30-2008 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: Removed mention that I am a Realtor.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:47 PM

Hi we drove through Santa Claus Indiana while traveling to Jasper. We didn't get the chance to go to Holiday World or look at housing while there. It looks like we may end up in Logansport due to the offer is stronger. But it isn't definite yet. We will be making a trip to Holiday World soon either way. Thanks for the info. Who do I contact for rental info if we do end up relocating to your area?

Old 07-01-2008, 01:04 PM

SMTfamily - you can get in touch with me anytime for a list of current rentals. I don't make any money off of rentals and this is just a service I provide because I love living here.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:10 PM

231 posts, read 701,322 times
I stayed at Santa's Lodge & Restaurant for 5 days about four weeks ago. We'll just say: VERY THIN WALLS & Ceiling! NO Continentel Breakfast...ugh! Probably wouldn't stay there again. Good place if you have little bitty kids, like ages 3, 4,5 and 6 yr olds. We really liked Lincoln's Memorial & Park. LOVED the TRAILS! Most of all, loved the fact when we drove back to Santa Claus from Jasper, we gained an extra hour.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 PM

ChickeyDuck - I have personally never stayed at the lodge but I'm glad you took time to share this information. My husband and I did reserve a room in the new Holiday Express in Jasper and it was an incredible set up. I will say that there are new options right here in Santa Claus ... they are "Santa's Cottages" so next year I would recommend trying to secure one of those.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
Logansport is about an hour North of Indy, and you would be close enough to do a day trip into Chicago if you wanted. There are tons of stuff to do there.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the info. My DH took the position in Logansport. We are now living in the Lafayette area and he commutes to Logan.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:44 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMTfamily View Post
Thanks for the info. My DH took the position in Logansport. We are now living in the Lafayette area and he commutes to Logan.
Thanks for keeping us posted!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:02 AM

5 posts, read 9,703 times
I would recommend Jasper, Indiana. That is especially so if you're Catholic. Something like 50% of the population of Jasper is Catholic. Also, Jasper is a great town with plenty of shopping opportunities, a river walk, and it is relatively close to Holiday World in Santa Clause, Indiana. Also, it is a very friendly community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana