Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 PM

95 posts, read 454,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
What was the FW plug?

I have another question. Have any other teams playing in the SB ever been so geographically close? I can't think of any. Let's call this the I-65 Superbowl!
Dungy said that since the Bears and Colts are so close, we should just have the Superbowl in Fort wayne and call it a day.

lol

The I65 superbowl XLI. haha I like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 04:11 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,120,183 times
James
Coach Dungy must have a stopover place in Ft Wayne on his way up to Michigan to visit family and friends. Bet you never thought that Dungy would become one of Ft Wayne's biggest boosters.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:39 PM

That'd be awesome. I'd be first in line, even if i had to skip work, if him and any (or all of) the colts players ever came here for any reason at all.

Did anyone listen to Bob and Tom this morning? They had Jeff Saturday on the show. He's pretty funny.

Bob and Tom had a bet going with him that if he ever scored a TD they would have to give him $5 grand each to give to his favorite charities.

Well that time came Sunday and he was makin fun of them for having to cough up the money. lol

Old 01-23-2007, 05:32 PM

32 posts, read 154,640 times
I am a little skeptical of our win here in Indiana, I have never seen any other team make a sudden comeback like that, and the other team go from doing so well to so poorly. It is about time that the Colts made it to the Superbowl, and I feel like the NFL felt so too!! Take that how ever you want. That's probrably why that kinda comeback has never been seen before in a championship game.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:31 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,743,437 times
It's the I-65 Super Bowl!!!!!
I went to a funeral and missed most of the first half. When I saw the score I thought it was over with. Not even Peyton could come back 18 points on the evil Pats. WRONG!!!!!! Wow, whatta game.
I fully expect the midwesterners, Dungy and Lovie will show the world how to have a Super Bowl with class and dignity. I LOVE IT!!!!

Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
I fully expect the midwesterners, Dungy and Lovie will show the world how to have a Super Bowl with class and dignity. I LOVE IT!!!!
Most Definitely! Two of the best coaches IMO.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:33 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,120,183 times
I can't recall a Super Bowl in the past where there was this amount of attention placed on both coaches.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:20 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,743,437 times
All of the sports "talking heads" are making a big issue out of having two African Americans coaching in the Super Bowl. I just like the fact that they are two dignified classy guys.
When KC came into town Lovie drove down from Chicago and the three went out for dinner with their wives the night before the game. Lovie will be the first to let you know that Tony is his mentor and hero.
I am looking forward to a good game. I hope Peyton is over the hump when it comes to choking in the big game.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:43 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,013,506 times
Both of these coaches are class acts for sure. I'm looking forward to the game, it'll be a great one. Nothing against Chicago, but I think a win would mean more to the Colts because they have never won it in Indy and it would be great for the city also. Chicago is a much bigger and more established city/frenchise and they have won it in the past. Either way, it's a win win for me, I'm looking forward to it.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:54 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,516,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Both of these coaches are class acts for sure. I'm looking forward to the game, it'll be a great one. Nothing against Chicago, but I think a win would mean more to the Colts because they have never won it in Indy and it would be great for the city also. Chicago is a much bigger and more established city/frenchise and they have won it in the past. Either way, it's a win win for me, I'm looking forward to it.
I would tend to agree. I don't know how far South Bend (Notre Dame) is from Indy but that's the only championships that come to mind for Indy. I think the city will erupt (in a good way) if the Colts pull this out (and I think they will).

What I like about Dungy is his reported work ethic. I don't mean that he spends 18 hours a day on films. What I understand is that he does his "job" in the time he alots, and then he is the family man- dinners with the family, grocery shopping, etc. So many coaches seem so absorbed by the game that all else is a distant second. He's proven you can do both and be sucessful!

I'm a HUGE Pats fan, but I have to admit, I'm becoming a (for the moment) a Colts fan. I do want to see Dungy, Manning, and (ack, 3 former Patriots) get a ring. It's going to be a great game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana