U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:03 PM

7 posts, read 46,925 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know when and where the antique flea market is in Indiana or is it in Ohio?
People always said it was so big you needed 3 days to walk through it all.
I thought it was Labor Day weekend, but now that I'm here, no one knows what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 11:34 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,201,543 times
They might be talking about the indoor market at (I think) exit 76 on south 65 towards Columbus.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:10 AM

25 posts, read 68,198 times
They are probably talking about the Shipshewanna Flea Market (Shipshewana Flea Market & Auction). It's open during the week (Tues. & Wed.) May-Oct. There also appears to be a big event on Labor Day weekend. I've never been, but I've always wanted to go.

In Ohio, you might be thinking of the Springfield Antique Show & Flea Market (Springfield Antique Show and Flea Market) which will be held Sept. 19-21 this year.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:59 PM

7 posts, read 46,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pie71 View Post
They are probably talking about the Shipshewanna Flea Market (Shipshewana Flea Market & Auction). It's open during the week (Tues. & Wed.) May-Oct. There also appears to be a big event on Labor Day weekend. I've never been, but I've always wanted to go.

In Ohio, you might be thinking of the Springfield Antique Show & Flea Market (Springfield Antique Show and Flea Market) which will be held Sept. 19-21 this year.

The Springfield show must be it, thanks!

Old 08-20-2008, 03:41 PM

311 posts, read 839,889 times
Shipshewana also hosts weekend antique only fairs, but you just missed the most recent one, which was earlier this month. They have it in May and August. It is across the street from the normal Shipshe flea market grounds. Here is a link to the information page on it. Put it on your calendar for next year!
Shipshewana Flea Market & Auction

Old 08-26-2008, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 16,659 times
Covered Bridge Festival in Parke County Indiana is one huge arts,crafts,and antique festival built around the county's 30-odd covered bridges (hence, Covered Bridge Capital of the World). The festival runs October 10-19, 2008 and will occupy the corresponding week in 2009. The festival draws over 2 million visitors to the event and has specific vendor locations in Rockville, Bridgeton, Mansfield, Rosedale, Mecca, and Montezuma. The bridges are broken up in color-identified routes for folks to travel along to see the sites. The red route, the longest one, takes in the greatest number of bridges and is traveled site to site by car or event tour busses. From on-site crafters to antique and cottage art vendors to various original artists, you will find anything you're looking for at this nationally recognized festival. For more information, see [URL="http://www.coveredbridges.com"]www.coveredbridges.com[/URL] .

Incidentally, I am associated with the Covered Bridges of Rosedale segment (red route, 3 bridges w/in 5 miles of our Main St.) and a lifelong resident of the county. I can tell you as an individual that the festival's publicity is accurate. Do come enjoy Fall here.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:44 PM

8 posts, read 55,913 times
I'm going over to the Covered Bridge Festival next week. Is it less busy during the week? Do you think as many crafters and antique dealers are out then? As you can tell I've never been.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM

562 posts, read 2,172,589 times
I know of a great little lake cottage close to Shipshewana that is available to rent.It's a fun place to stay, is decorated like a B&B, and is on a peaceful fishing lake with kayaks included.

Anyone interested can DM me and I'll give the website info!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 5,169 times
hiya fabumom...that fishing cottage and lake sounds great...any more info available? Thx

Old 04-21-2009, 03:32 PM

562 posts, read 2,172,589 times
I DM,d you, massada. I see the antique fair is May 16 in Shipshewana, not sure if I can go, cause thats the day two of my babies were due . One came 2 days early, the other 4 days late, so those are busy days. Don't think antiquing will make a good children's party activity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana