U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-30-2008, 08:48 AM

6 posts, read 18,713 times

Advertisements

Am looking in columbus indiana area for cheap rent!! The house i'm in has just been sold and i have 21 days to get out!! Am only bringing in 200.00 per week in income so don't have much to work with!!
Any ideas?????? I have searched the papers every day and have found nothing!!
52 years old and chose not to live in an abusive relationship and got out of that and now look i'm about to be homeless!! My children can't help me either and my parents are the ones that sold the house out from under me and are the ones putting me out to be homeless!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need somewhere to lay my head and take my clothes!!
As far as my furniture i can sell it !!! Or i can store it!!!
Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!! REALLY I AM WILING TO RE-LOCATE EVEN AS FAR AS OUT OF STATE!! JUST NEED HELP DOING SO!! AS FAR AS FINDING A PLACE TO PUT MY HEAD!! WILLING TO SHARE EXPENSES!!
Thanks so much
catfishnanny

Last edited by CATFISHNANNY; 08-30-2008 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: TO ADD TO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 03:29 PM

244 posts, read 525,004 times
I am sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult period. Since you are getting out of an abusive relationship you may want to call the Indiana Domestic Violence Hotline it is available 24/7 its number is 1-800-332-7385.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:52 PM

16,092 posts, read 11,386,367 times
Are there any sleeping rooms in your area? That would be a short term move to a place to sleep. Surely your family will not let you live in the street?

Old 08-31-2008, 01:08 PM

Unhappy Thanks so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneworld25 View Post
i am sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult period. Since you are getting out of an abusive relationship you may want to call the indiana domestic violence hotline it is available 24/7 its number is 1-800-332-7385.
YES I HAVE CHECKED ALL SLEEPING ROOMS BUT NONE I WOULD LIVE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T JUST TRUST OTHER PEOPLE AND WHAT I COULD GET MYSELF INTO!!! SINGLE WOMAN AND HAVE NO PROTECTION!!!

thanks again for your reply!! Yes i have notified them and that is where i will end up going at age 52 to the women's shelter but like you said it will keep me out and off the streets.
I just can't believe 2 parents that adopted me could be so cold, but yes i can because in 1999 my very 1st grandchild, a baby boy, 10 months old was killed in a car wreck right here in our hometown and the mother died 5 days later and my parents never once sent a card, flower, or even showed their face at the funeral home. That was their great-grandchild and i needed the support and it was not there so why should i not believe they are putting me on the street. There is alot to this and nobody wants to hear so anyway thanks for your reply!!

Last edited by CATFISHNANNY; 08-31-2008 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: TO ADD TO

Old 08-31-2008, 01:10 PM

Default Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneworld25 View Post
I am sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult period. Since you are getting out of an abusive relationship you may want to call the Indiana Domestic Violence Hotline it is available 24/7 its number is 1-800-332-7385.
YES I HAVE NOTIFIED THEM AND I'M SURE I WILL END UP GOING TO THE SHELTER FOR WOMEN THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana