U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 AM

5 posts, read 20,745 times

Advertisements

Could someone please give some info about Kenndellville,things such as crime rates,employment opportunities,housing costs(to rent a house),and how good is the school system,also could anyone tell me if the high school has a JROTC program as i have a teenage son that currently participates in JROTC in West Virginia.Any responses are appreciated.Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 08:38 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,944,255 times
Kendallville kids go to East Noble High School. Not sure about JROTC, but you could call the school to find out.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 AM

5 posts, read 20,745 times
Thanks for responding,do you know how good the school is

Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 AM

Go to this thread ... there's a link to the dept of ed's website:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/india...formation.html

Old 10-27-2008, 10:18 PM

311 posts, read 837,677 times
Default Kendallville info

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfarnum View Post
Could someone please give some info about Kenndellville,things such as crime rates,employment opportunities,housing costs(to rent a house),and how good is the school system,also could anyone tell me if the high school has a JROTC program as i have a teenage son that currently participates in JROTC in West Virginia.Any responses are appreciated.Thanks
Kendaleville is a very small NE Indiana town. Not a whole lot to do or places to work. On the other hand, its not too far from Auburn, where employment might be a tad better. Lagrange isnt too far away either and there might be more chances for jobs there. To be truthful, the unemployment in this whole area now is pretty high, between the RV & auto business lay-offs and lots of places closing down, I would say you might be better off staying put unless you have a solid job waiting for you here. Heres a link to the citys site, where you will find lots more good info on things that are there. City of Kendallville, Indiana

Good luck to you in whatever you decide!

Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 AM

It's also the birthplace of your humble mod

Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 AM

36 posts, read 117,624 times
Kendallville is a nice small town about 30 miles North of Fort Wayne. I have good friends who actually live in Avilla, and have high school& older age kids that went to East Noble. They just loved the school. They have pretty good sports teams, and a Class B Marching Band that is getting better and better each year. Both my friends girls graduated from ENHS with high honors and attended IU. Not sure about the JROTC program. Kendallville is a very conservative town- there are some pretty nice areas to live, and noble county has many lake areas, if you're interested in that type of location.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:39 PM

4,679 posts, read 10,956,948 times
Positives: quite good city park system, top-notch library, easy access to other areas, highly rated school system, wonderful lakes/state parks, Apple Fest , and bestest of all: Jim's Pizza ...

Negatives: kinda depressed area, downtown would be very if could be developed more...

Might also check out the following on-line papers to get better feel for the area, and housing availability/costs:
The News-Sun
fwdailynews.com .::. Your connection to Fort Wayne and all of Northeast Indiana

Best to yas...

ps: you might want to ask that humble yet great mod to change the spelling of the town's name in your thread.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:51 PM

17 posts, read 38,105 times
Noble county is the Meth capital of Northeast Indiana.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:36 AM

9 posts, read 42,466 times
I live in K'ville. It's not the greatest town but I've lived in worse (and they are wiped off the face of the earth thanks to Katrina). It's a neat town though, if you appreciate a more quiet lifestyle.

The town is experiencing an odd retail growth at this time, with several new stores opening (a Peeble's, an electronics or furniture store, a Walgreen's and a new auto parts store. Downtown has some cool new stores, including an art studio which I hope drives a small cultural movement in this community (we do lack any artistic culture here ).

Schools are good and there are many to chose from. East Noble schools, or private, and an active homeschooling community. The ENHS drama department rivals any large city, and it even better than what I saw when I lived in Los Angeles County. It is THAT good...if that happens to be important to you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or