U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:46 PM

13 posts, read 84,755 times

Advertisements

Hi Teacher In Need.

Try advertising on Craigs List. My neighbors next door just sold their house via Craigs List and an online house tour I did for them. They had it on the market for 6 months, I finally talked them into giving it a try and it sold in about a month that way. They even got their full asking price. Anyway, best of luck to you and your grandfather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,850 times
Default Peru Indiana

I am thinking about accepting a job in Miami County. Does anybody know if Peru, Indiana is a kid friendly town and if it is diverse? After online research it appears that Peru is the closest town to my job and I am a bit nervous because I am moving there from Chicago. Any Advice?

Old 10-31-2007, 09:47 PM

13 posts, read 84,755 times
Default Dear Chicagoian

Peru is very kid friendly. You will like it. We have the resident circus, and a lot of other activities. Plus you will only be 3-4 hours from Chicago. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by crichardson22 View Post
I am thinking about accepting a job in Miami County. Does anybody know if Peru, Indiana is a kid friendly town and if it is diverse? After online research it appears that Peru is the closest town to my job and I am a bit nervous because I am moving there from Chicago. Any Advice?

Old 11-08-2007, 07:44 PM

180 posts, read 550,416 times
i am looking for an old friend that lives in peru , he used to live on west sixth street and hood with his mom pat jackson. his name is scott jackson and he would be about 39 years old. if anyone can help me locate him i would greatly appreciate it. i havent seen him in about 10 years and i am anxious to reunite with him.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 PM

180 posts, read 550,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keri capelli View Post
Now I have a question for anybody that wants to answer it. Why in little country towns everybody knows everybody's business? I really don't understand that. The reason why I ask is because I'm not use to that. I'm moving from a town in Missouri that is 35,000 people to a small country town in Indiana. The reason why I'm moving is because I marrying the love of my life and he is a farmer. I love country but, just wondering that's all.

Have an awesome day!!
well i have to say that i grew up in peru indiana and aside from it being backwards and boring its a great place to live. mos tof the people are very nice and of course there are drugs, they are everywhere. i moved to a small town in misouri after high school, that town had 8,000 people and the meth problem was far worse then peru. in fact the first time i had ever heard for meth was while living missouri, the town was called east prairie. peru has had its share of hard times i am sure with factorys and retail closing and of course that put folks out of a job, but if your man is a farmer than you really have nothing to worry about as far as that goes. honestly i cant think of a better place to raise kids than peru. if i had my way i would move my kids back there lol but my husband has a say in it too.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:38 AM

19 posts, read 92,880 times
Smile Finally~

So we are really doing this! We are moving to Peru at the beginning of June!! We are very excited, my hubby has made a few contacts for some jobs, as a truck driver there doesn't seem to be a shortage of jobs, though the pay varys greatly! He has found a few jobs that will keep him home every day. He is going out there in a couple pf weeks to apply in person and conduct interviews! Thank everyone here, hopefully as we become aquainted in the area I will be able to post from the other side and tell people what it is like to live in Peru! I hope to meet those of you I have spoken to, I know it has been awhile, It has been crazy getting this all set up and trying to get the family to understand, not all of them fo but there is not much we can do at this point in time, the movers have been called!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 03:28 PM

85 posts, read 203,895 times
Peru Indiana would be the last place on earth I'd live. Ugly, falling down, no jobs, I could go on but why bother?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:05 PM

19 posts, read 92,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katkat05 View Post
Peru Indiana would be the last place on earth I'd live. Ugly, falling down, no jobs, I could go on but why bother?
It is better then drive by shootings, not being able to speak with my neighbors and it is a quiet place. Plus my husband has not had a problem finding possible jobs. I think it is beautiful out there, clean air, lots of trees. I guess it is all in how you see things.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:07 AM

47 posts, read 145,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katkat05 View Post
Hey KatKat,
I am from Peru and I know that Peru has it's downfalls, but what town doesn't. I would like to say that at least in Peru you can sit on your front porch drink your favorite beverage and smoke a cigarette and not have to worry about being shot by someone driving by. I live here in Franklin Indiana which isn't a bad community, and it does have more going on than Peru. But I still miss Miami county. I love the rivers that run through it, and Seven Pillars. I also love that Parish I was baptized in. If I had a chance to start a business I would want to start it in Peru. Even though my family did get a rough time handed to them there, I know of a lot folks back home that were decent to us as well and I miss them.
There are some other good things that can be said about Peru. One is that is in a PRIME location for econoic growth, and there is ground up there that is more fit to build on than some other places in this state from what I have been seeing. From what I can see, Peru has the opportunity to grow and in the right way. I would welcome the opportunity to be a part of that. Sure the Circus has lost it's appeal to a lot of the new generation, but who says it can't be reinvented, and taken into GREENER directions. It was the Circus Capitol of the World at one time, it could end up being on top again.

Last edited by dream wizard; 10-28-2008 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: typographical errors

Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 AM

47 posts, read 145,166 times
Cool Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasheart View Post
I was born in Peru and my grandparents lived there until they passed away a few yrs. ago. I personally don't think there is much to do there in Peru and not good choices for shopping either. The town depresses me and I'm not planning on visiting there anytime too soon. We live just north of Indy and there is much more to do around here. It takes about an hour and a half to drive from Carmel area to Peru. The air museum is ok if you love airplanes, but I was bored there very quickly.
Sounds to me that you need to get an imagination. Have you ever tried disc golf. Two of my nephews are into it big time and it is a good way to enjoy the out doors. I believe Miami county has at least 4 disc golf course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana