Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 10:09 PM

20 posts, read 72,612 times

Advertisements

We don't really have a time limit. I would like to move out in June as well, but my husband can come anytime...after the 2 week notice. I can too, but I want to let our daughter finish up this year at school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 01:20 AM

20 posts, read 91,225 times
I agree there are some good job opening at DFAS that you anfd your husband are qualified for. Use www.usajobs.com apply for them all even the ones you're minimally qualfied for this is a great place to work and a large majority of the workers there presently are nearing retirement age. Plus it on the eastside of indy and some really nice neighborhoods and schools etc. in the area.
If you're not familiar with DFAS it is the Department of Defense Finance they take care of the military's pay. Good job.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren11 View Post
My husband and I have been applying to jobs in both the Indianapolis and Southbend areas and have heard NOTHING. I am getting so frustrating. I am an Asst. Branch Manager for WSFS Bank in Delaware and he is a Financial Anaylst in the Treasury Dept. for the same bank. We have applied so many places and have heard nothing. Any advice? I think we are immediately getting rejected because we live in Delaware, but when we call to talk to the Human Resource departments of the various employers we are either not getting through or getting no where. I would love to hear any advice anyone has! Thanks
Your posting is not unique. Many employers, at least in Indiana, will fail to respond to resumes they do not like, for one reason or another. Unfortunately, while jobs are available in Indiana, there are numerous applicants as well.

Anything that's in your resume or cover letter that is a cause for wrinkled brow, quite often results in getting your mail pitched into 'file 13'.

Sorry no real help here just a bit of advice from actual experience.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:03 PM

20 posts, read 72,612 times
Thanks Indy Ron. Its just so frustrating. I would like to think our resumes look appealing...I was in HR for a year as a recruiter so I know what to look for. Well, I guess if anyone knows anyone that is interested in an Asst. Branch Manager, or someone in Finance OR would like to check out our resumes - LET ME KNOW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana