Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 06:51 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Hi gdude! How you doing?

I have been thinking about this chat thread you started it is sad for a state that is known for it's hospitality more Hoosiers are not in here chatting. I noticed that as well when I start a thread concerning Indiana issues low responses. Are Hoosiers numb or just don't give a rip about talking of things facing us all as a state?

Even general conversations here would be nice to see in my state thread.

Thanks for trying to get something going gdude. domergurl thank you too for all you do in the Indiana thread as mod.

I am doing fine! how about you?

I know I am shocked that there arent many posting here. I dont think there are that many members from Indiana. It kind of seems a little both ways they dont care and a little numb.Me and a friend of mine from Florida decided to start this thread but I see he hasnt helped at all.

maybe it would help if we started a conversation.

I am babysitting a funny,sweet and crazy 3 yr old little boy tonight. Just got back from taking him to the park and DQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 07:10 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Doing well myself thanks.

There are other Indiana posters on C-D I just don't see them in the state thread. DQ???? Man do you know it is still low 30's in Indiana you are supposed to break out the hot cocoa. We had cheesecake for dessert tonight.

OK do you have any teen wanna be drivers or teen drivers this new law will be affecting? I do, while they are bummed they will have to wait longer to get their permit I am happy for the increased age limit. Paid big bucks for oldest to go to driving school then he was 17 before I finally made him go get his license. He had no desire to drive after he could but bug the stuffing out of us when he was too young.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Doing well myself thanks.

There are other Indiana posters on C-D I just don't see them in the state thread. DQ???? Man do you know it is still low 30's in Indiana you are supposed to break out the hot cocoa. We had cheesecake for dessert tonight.

OK do you have any teen wanna be drivers or teen drivers this new law will be affecting? I do, while they are bummed they will have to wait longer to get their permit I am happy for the increased age limit. Paid big bucks for oldest to go to driving school then he was 17 before I finally made him go get his license. He had no desire to drive after he could but bug the stuffing out of us when he was too young.

yeah I know its a little cold but this is a enclosed DQ. Cheesecake sounds lovely!

The law almost affected me!! got my license last month. your son has no desire to drive!! I love driving!! I did the same to my mom bugger her everyday to drive for yell over a year

Old 02-15-2009, 08:28 PM

He will drive now but hated doing when he was home still going to school. Would rather ride with his friends instead of drive. He learned to drive on our farm when he was 13 guess it was no big deal to him by the time he was legal.

Now my other kids are ticked because they will have to wait longer but all of them agree teens shouldn't use cell phones while driving. I think some adults shouldn't use them while driving either.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
He will drive now but hated doing when he was home still going to school. Would rather ride with his friends instead of drive. He learned to drive on our farm when he was 13 guess it was no big deal to him by the time he was legal.

Now my other kids are ticked because they will have to wait longer but all of them agree teens shouldn't use cell phones while driving. I think some adults shouldn't use them while driving either.

I like to ride with friends and will drive with friends once my 90 days are up. I to learned to drive on a farm and rural routes. I used to live on a farm in Putnam County till I was 10. I agree that teens shouldnt use cell phones while driving and neither should most adults.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:51 PM

okay recap of tonights events

I am babysitting a little 3yr old boy

Took him to the park and to DQ today then get home and he wants to play. I am the "seeker" for hiding and go seek. well he decides to go hide in the trash can!! so had to give him a bath. while he is still sitting in the tub I walk away for a minute and come back to find him poking the bubbles and laughing!! dried him off and put him into his jammies now he is cuddling with his blanket on the couch watching cartoons

Old 02-15-2009, 09:08 PM

Can I offer some advice to you please? Well OK I am just doing it.

Never leave a child in the tub alone never. While it seems you might be gone for a second something could happen you wouldn't want to live with the rest of your life if it did.

Then why aren't both of you asleep yet you have school tomorrow right?

Old 02-15-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Can I offer some advice to you please? Well OK I am just doing it.

Never leave a child in the tub alone never. While it seems you might be gone for a second something could happen you wouldn't want to live with the rest of your life if it did.

Then why aren't both of you asleep yet you have school tomorrow right?

I know not to leave a child in the tub. I had to do something real quick. I know that isn't a justifiable reason and I should have never left him and I do regret leaving him. I couldnt live with myself knowing something happened to him.

No School tomorrow. Little boys parents have him on a "odd" sleep schedule he usually clunks out around 12:30 or so.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Good that you are aware I have heard of so many children drowning in a tub when left for a "minute".

No snow make up day for you then? Ours was supposed to be off last Friday and tomorrow but they are using them for snow make up days.

Do you babysit a lot?

Old 02-15-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Good that you are aware I have heard of so many children drowning in a tub when left for a "minute".

No snow make up day for you then? Ours was supposed to be off last Friday and tomorrow but they are using them for snow make up days.

Do you babysit a lot?

I have witnessed the affects in person of a child drowning in a tub.( happend when I was in daycare)

Last Friday was our snow make up day.

I offer to babysit him alot( 1-2 nights a week or so) because his mom and her boyfriend dont exactly treat him nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana