Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 04:58 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I've not been to the HNF, either. Hope to see it this coming summer.

Have you ever taken the water tour through the cave at Spring Mill State Park near Mitchell? It's way cool.

They recently improved the campgrounds at Indiana Dunes State Park, which is about 20 mins due north from my home. Very nice sites. And the Lake Michigan beach is beautiful. Hiking the dunes is a great workout!
All the caves were closed at Spring Mill when we went last spring ... but now that I have my brand spankin' new state parks pass (a whopper of a deal for $40), I'm planning on being a total state park person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 02:11 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
All the caves were closed at Spring Mill when we went last spring ... but now that I have my brand spankin' new state parks pass (a whopper of a deal for $40), I'm planning on being a total state park person.
Sounds way fun. You GO, girl!

Old 02-25-2011, 05:02 PM

96 posts, read 195,232 times
Quote:
I hope they have them opened up this year! And that's a great deal on the state park pass. If I lived in the southern half of the state I would definitely invest in one.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren View Post
I hope they have them opened up this year! And that's a great deal on the state park pass. If I lived in the southern half of the state I would definitely invest in one.
It's not terribly far from Carmel to many of the state parks. Most are so beautiful, it's worth a couple/few hours' drive to get there, and a one-day visit is quite doable.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
BCSP and Yellowood are totally doable from Carmel! I think if I only use it for BCSP, it will be well worth it.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:03 PM

96 posts, read 195,232 times
Quote:
BCSP and Yellowood are totally doable from Carmel! I think if I only use it for BCSP, it will be well worth it.
Oh yeah, I know they're doable. I spent most of my life in the Center Grove area so I'm very familiar with just about everything south of there. I just think I'm a little bit far away to mess with investing in a year-long pass since I don't make it down that way very often anymore. And with so many things here in Carmel, Indy and the rest of the metro competing for my time and entertainment dollars it's tough to fit much else in!

I would love to get to BCSP later this year though. We'd like to do a "staycation" this fall in Columbus, Nashville and Bloomington over a long weekend so we'd definitely try to fit it in. I've always contended that the I-46 corridor between Columbus and Bloomington is far and away the most interesting part of the state. Indy is great for all of the big city stuff but I can't think of another example of three totally unique towns being so close together anywhere else in the state, and I love all three of them equally!

Old 02-28-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren View Post
I would love to get to BCSP later this year though. We'd like to do a "staycation" this fall in Columbus, Nashville and Bloomington over a long weekend so we'd definitely try to fit it in. I've always contended that the I-46 corridor between Columbus and Bloomington is far and away the most interesting part of the state. Indy is great for all of the big city stuff but I can't think of another example of three totally unique towns being so close together anywhere else in the state, and I love all three of them equally!
You make me want to hop into the car and head for all of those places, McLaren! I'm determined to spend more time exploring Indiana this year. I've been a Hoosier all my life (except for several months in 1981), and don't travel in the state as much as I'd like to. Unfortunately, I only have 10 vacation days in an entire year, so trips that are more than a weekend are few and far between.

My 21-year-old goddaughter from Arizona will be visiting me this summer, and I'm considering a few days' stay at one of the state parks. Wish I knew what dates she'll be here, because I know you have to book way in advance to get rooms at the park inns. (Goddaughter is definitely not a camper!)

Since I'm way up in the NW corner of the state, it's nice to be reminded by the rest of you about all the beautiful places to visit in our state. I've been to a lot of the parks over the years, but have yet to see a few of them. It's high time I did something about that!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,028 times
Nice one thing man..:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana