Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 02:59 AM

2 posts, read 7,042 times

Advertisements

Hello out there! I am a mom of three young children and my family and I will be relocating from California to Bloomington IN in the next month or two. I was wondering if anyone out there could provide me with some helpful informatin on the neighborhoods that are family friendly, Good elementary schools in the area, and if there is any schools that offer performing arts for my 10 year old daughter? Thank you for any help and advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 07:33 PM

196 posts, read 694,217 times
My experience with Rogers (K-2) / Binford (3-6) was pretty good. A mix of students from varying backgrounds and peer competition at various levels. Childs used to be pretty ecomonically homogenious, but an excellent school. University has many international students.

There will be some performing arts in the schools, but also many opportunities in the community at large.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 7,042 times
Thank you so much uplander for your input. Anybody have a good idea of the neighborhoods that are family friendly? I would love some more suggestions! Thanks again.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,573,247 times
I have friends with 3 young kids who moved to Gentry East last week ... I want to say it's in the Rogers Binford school district.

You won't have any problems finding artistic outlets for your daughter in Bloomington!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:34 AM

196 posts, read 694,217 times
This link may give you more of a feel for the schools. MCCSC

Some Bloomington neighborhoods don't have sidewalks. That may be a consideration for you. City and school bus routes may be something else to consider. There are actually quite a few choices that woul seem to be family friendly to me.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:50 AM

60 posts, read 59,202 times
Funny how the upper end schools and neighborhoods are the only ones mentioned in this question.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,428 times
Our family of four relocated from California to Bloomington last October. I cannot recommend any particular neighborhoods. We moved into an area about 15 minutes from the center of town and we love it! We're close enough to go to the natural food stores, farmer's market, restaurants, etc., but we have the peace and quiet on some acreage when we return home.

You'll be moving out to this part of the country at the best time, when all of the trees start to change! Just brace yourself for a long, cold winter.

Anyway, this is a beautiful part of the country and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana