Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 01:04 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times

Advertisements

that's step 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 01:06 PM

855 posts, read 2,396,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
what's the buzz up there DLK????
No real buzz up here. I mostly go by the boards, some of which have students and alumni. There's a heavy Stoops buzz from several different directions. Nothing concrete, more like a bunch of puzzle pieces that seem to fit.

Ianello is taking over operations for now, according to Jeff Jeffers. Evidently the decision was made last night.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
that is quite disheartening. maybe he and mitch daniels are buddies. now i hope swarbrick gets passed over again for the ncaa position. he didn't give up his partnership at his law firm did he???

found this:

Swarbrick's decision to fire Weis will cost ND $45 million | 2009-11-30
Jack Swarbrick left B&D last year when he took over as Notre Dame's new AD.

Speaking of good buddies, I believe that Mitch and Tim Durham are. However that is another thread.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:55 PM

Stoops PC transcript from UHND:

(Stoops): "The questions come up and like I always say I fully intend to be at Oklahoma, hopefully for a good while. You never know what the good lord brings you, but in the end I couldn't be more excited about, even through a tough year, the good quality kids we're working with and the great people here that I work with daily in our administration and you know I can't help with all that's said, but in the end, the players I'm recruiting understand that that's what I'm excited about and that's what I intend to do."

(Reporter): "There is officially an opening at Notre Dame. So, you're not going there?"

(Stoops): "What I am saying is I intend to be at Oklahoma, that's the only place that right now, yes that I am, what I'm looking to do. I will never confirm or deny whether I talk or not talk to anybody. And, I won't be interviewing for any jobs."

(Reporter): "I'm not asking if you talked to anybody."

(Stoops): "Well I just said all that."

(Reporter): "What I'm asking is can you tell me right now that you won't go to Notre Dame?"

(Stoops): "What I'm saying is that I'm going to be at Oklahoma next year. So I can't be in two places at once."

(Reporter): "Well then why not just say no?"

(Stoops): "Because I don't like the way you worded it. So, in the end, I told you what I intend to do. If Joe (Castiglione) and President Boren will have me, that's what I'm going to do. And that's where it's at."

(Reporter): "How would you have worded it?"

(Stoops): "Not like you, obviously."

No flat out "No. I'm not going to be the HC of ND" but it sounds less likely to me that he'll be the one.

On the other hand, an Oklahoma radio station has an "analyst" who says Stoops has a verbal agreement with ND.

I think half of this is there's a possibility and the other half is a bunch of media guys out there trying to get ratings. Way too much uncertainty and conflicting information for me.

Maybe Stoops is just some Swarbrick smoke to allow him to work with someone else sans media vultures.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:57 PM

PC in a few minutes(6 PM eastern) I don't know if the link will work or not.

Notre Dame Official Athletic Site

Old 11-30-2009, 04:05 PM

The following are magical words in Stoops' statement:
"You never know what the good lord brings you.."

Indeed, the good Lord could bring him to Notre Dame and very soon. Halllelujah!!!

Old 11-30-2009, 05:36 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
talk about tip toeing through a presser!!!

I have a buddy from HS who is a sports guy in South Bend... here's what he wrote:
Quote:
We might know real soon who the new coach is going to be and you would probably be OK with the University's choice.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:11 PM

Here's the link to JS's press conference transcript:

Notre Dame Official Athletic Site

Compared to White when he announced the Davie and Ty firings, Swarbrick is a breath of fresh air and yes, he did a pretty good soft shoe through the questions.

Ianello's Q&A session went well under the circumstances as well. Very level, very professional.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 PM

Domergurl, I hope your friend is correct.

I noticed the football banquet hasn't been canceled yet and I believe it's scheduled for Friday. Wasn't it canceled the day after Ty was fired?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:21 PM

Hey I think I spotted Charlie wearing a headset in the press box during the New England-Saints game. Could he already be back to work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana