Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:27 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times

Advertisements

oops, my bad ... just confirmed with my parents, it was Dan Devine that lived near Bremen ... oops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 09:27 AM

855 posts, read 2,395,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Cincy recruiting is a regional thing .... BK has never had to recruit on the national level. He's now in the pete carroll, urban meyer and nick saban leagues. They routinely poach each other's verbals ... it's a different game and it will test BK's king of the ball demeanor ... as arrogant as Weis was coming in, he had a handful (literally) of superbowl rings and a rolodex filled with pro football contacts, which, sad to say, wins over these high school boys and their parents. The only think BK has going in is an undefeated season for a regional player, 2 successfully built even smaller programs and a great attitude. We'll see.
During his PC, he mentioned having a "train" available and that he would be making use of it. It got me to wondering if maybe they were limited in how far they could travel for recruiting. Cincinnati doesn't have the resources that ND does so maybe that factored into it, despite what I wrote earlier.

One of the rumors that was going around before Weis was even fired was that one of his provisions for staying on there was having improved facilities and they were having trouble obtaining financing for them and if true, maybe he couldn't recruit as proactively as he could at a school with more resources. I do remember him remarking at least once on the facilities at ND.

As far as staff goes, it will be interesting. I've read rumors of some current staff he'll keep around, he mentioned the GVSU HC who was his DC their and the OC at Cincinnati that will be coaching their bowl game has been with him a long time. If he brings his strength and conditioning coach along(Paul Longo), that would be a big plus as he's regarded as one of the best in the country. There have been rumblings that conditioning has factored into these November swoons in recent years.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:29 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLK55 View Post
My wife's sister used to work for a cleaning service that he used and she was one of te ones that did his house regularly, but that was 8, 9 years ago now. She asked him for an autographed photo for me(Without me knowing) and he gave it to her. So at some point, he was still in the immediate area.
Now that was a thoughtful gesture if I ever heard of one. That's great that you have an autographed photo of Ara. When I rode with him once I was so much in awe that I didn't even think of asking for his autograph.

Father Hesburgh surely knows where Ara lived when he first came to ND.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana