Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:51 PM

197 posts, read 1,062,517 times

Advertisements

I just want to clarify that I saw a post in the past few days saying that the south side of Indianapolis is not good. That may be valid for the area in the downtown, but Greenwood, Southport, Franklin are GREAT areas and excellent to raise a family with very good schools. By the way, Center Groove is one of the best in the State.

Please do not listen to people that do not know the area and think that only Fishers and Noblesville are the places to live.

I live in Greenwood for the past 3 Years and we LOVE it.....great town !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 04:13 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,578,376 times
Greenwood is lovely! And the center grove schools are indeed some of the best in Indiana ... CG schools are in white river twp.

We almost moved into Willow Lakes and were considering a couple homes in Somerset.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:16 PM

18 posts, read 74,838 times
Default greenwood

The only experience I had in greenwood was purchasing a motorhome and the people I delt with we honest and VERY genuine I realy didnt get into the city but the people were very decent and friendly so I asume its a reflection
Rick

Old 05-23-2007, 03:55 AM

287 posts, read 498,733 times
based on what I have read over the past weeks, when I arrive in Indiana at the end of this week, I am going straight to Greensburg. I sounds like the
area has a lot of potential with the new honda plant, and the big cities
on opposite ends of I-74. My impression of Noblesville and Fisher is that
people are practically living on top of each other. Seriously I am going
to make a beeline for the Southeast section of Indy, and begin house shopping. Just thought I would add my enthusiasms to this thread.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 PM

23 posts, read 66,585 times
Default Greenwood is a special little town

Greenwood is special. There are good schools here. Often people remark about the number of churches here. There are plenty, and people go to the one they want to attend, or either don't go. I have never witnessed someone trying to "advertise" their church to someone else, unless they were asked about it. I live downtown Greenwood, which is rather small, with a few shops, and some historic houses. From here, in just a few minutes I can be to several quaint restaurants, none of which are chains, including greek, mexican, italian, thai, indian, chinese. Very soon a Japanese restaurant will open in what used to be an old house. Many of these places I can walk to. There is a brewpub near by, also a comedy club. The library has coffee in the morning. Mostly I think many people would describe Greenwood as safe. There is a sprawl around here, with many housing developements, with varying amounts of affordability. I-65 access is minutes away. There is a great mall just down the street. Yesterday it was warm and lots of people were walking and running through downtown. Ages from children to people in their 90's I would guess. Mrs. Curl is an old-fashioned summertime ice-cream place that is one of those places that everyone looks forward to opening every year, a great place to walk to on a humid summer evening after dinner.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 11,672 times
Default Greenwood is most pleasant!

My family & I live in Greenwood; we prefer it to other Indianapolis metro towns. I am president of our HOA & we try to keep our neighborhood decent. I recommend Greenwood to anyone moving from Indy. Thanks to the efforts of elected officials, such as my late aunt who served as the city's clerk-treasurer for 16 years & invested the citizens' tax money wisely, we have a pretty nice standard of living.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 11,664 times
Hi
People you talk about a nice topic "Greenwood" i am also an indian . and my sister lives Greenwood nice place.
__________--
Anthony

<mod edit>

Last edited by domergurl; 04-16-2008 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: no advertising

Old 12-04-2008, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 10,745 times
Default Question regarding Greenwood, IN

I moved to Fishers, IN after college and found that I missed a more slow paced relaxed atmosphere. I am looking to move to place with several options to do but with a more laid back feel than the north end of Indianapolis and friendlier people. Just wondering if Greenwood is a nice place to live? or should i try and find a more lax place (Columbus? Franklin?)...THANK YOU!

Old 12-06-2008, 07:14 PM

667 posts, read 2,879,741 times
Come and check it out bekahleto.

I'm one of the many cheerleaders for the Southside/Greenwood. It's a great area and to me it's very relaxing.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 6,929 times
Default Greenwood - Move from UK

Hello to everyone!

Me and my family are currently at homes on realtor in order to hopefully move over to Greenwood (or nearby), but would love to get in contact with people in Greenwood.

If anyone from Greenwood would like to become friends and email each other, please do email me and hopefully we get to know each other before me and my family move there.

I have lots of questions that only a person who lives there could help with.

Many thanks,

Paul and family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana