U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-28-2007, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,324 times
Exclamation Relocating to Pa

We live on the west side of Elkhart and want to relocate to Pa. The problem is, we have to sell here before we can buy there! If anyone would like the info on the house - it can be seen at shopdreamhouse.com, type in Elkhart, In. It's the only house in Elkhart on the site so you can't miss it! Yes, we've tried the realtors. They want you to change this and paint that, make it look like a $300,000 house. It's not. It's a comfortable ranch in a very nice neighborhood, close to the hospital, schools and some stores. So, if there's anyone looking to relocate to the Elkhart area, this might be the right home for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 06:50 AM

2,697 posts, read 5,511,821 times
You hire a realtor and are going to pay them a lot of money and then you dont want to take their advice. I do hope you sell but I have seen way too many houses that could use cleaning, repainting and decluttering that are still on the market. The ones that sell fastest are staged, like you said, to look like much more expensive properties.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,324 times
Default Nice Ranch House

Hi, I am not sure if you went and checked out the website that I offered, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the walls are freshly painted, nothing is cluttered and it is clean! I have hired realtors, and done everything that they mentioned for me to do so I can sell my house. The house is great, but im relocating and can't take it with me!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:52 AM

2,697 posts, read 5,511,821 times
You do not need to respond, but these are the questions your reply brought to mind.

1. Is your house on the multiple listing service so all the real estate professionals know the details? If not, are you willing to pay the selling agent's commission, etc.? In other words, why would any RE agent want to sell your house?

2. What did they want you to fix/spruce up?

3. Are you offering any incentives? Do you already have an appraisal to verify the price?

4. Do you already have an inspection to remove that potential barrier?

Is Elkhart suffering from the downturn in the economy due to plant closings?
No matter the price of the house, there have to be buyers. Was it listed and not bringing in any lookers? Have other houses been sold in your neighborhood? Are there a lot of for sales in Elkhart or new homes you might bne competing with?

There are houses in my neighborhood here in Indy that have been on the market for over a year even with agents. It is pretty bad all over right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana