Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 PM

10 posts, read 32,297 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the New Albany area and have been looking at some homes in a new area of georgetown. There are several houses for sale on this one street named Autumn drive. Does anyone no much about this area. Someone told my husband that the georgetown area has a ton of sewer or water problems....that the sewer or water bills are very high, because of problems....any good or bad info on this would be great! Thanks
And if anyone knows of any rental houses in the area where my daughter would be in the floyd central high school district?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 07:39 PM

45 posts, read 113,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanstratten View Post
We are moving to the New Albany area and have been looking at some homes in a new area of georgetown. There are several houses for sale on this one street named Autumn drive. Does anyone no much about this area. Someone told my husband that the georgetown area has a ton of sewer or water problems....that the sewer or water bills are very high, because of problems....any good or bad info on this would be great! Thanks
And if anyone knows of any rental houses in the area where my daughter would be in the floyd central high school district?
Hi, I currently live down the road from Georgetown in a pocket where it converges with New Albany and Floyds Knobs. We love being a bit out of the city of Louisville yet close enough to all the amenities. Yes, Georgetown (as well as New Albany in general) has been plagued with sewer issues including hefty fines levied by the EPA in recent years. However, the BIGGEST issue right now in the area isn't sewers but schools. The New Albany-Floyd Co. schools (which includes Georgetown Elementary) has just announced a major restructuring of the schools including closure of 4 elementaries and moving all 5th graders to middle school. Major changes in education are not unique to Floyd Co., though, as all districts in IN are facing budget shortfalls.

Regardless--something to be aware of as you search for information. When are you planning to move? Are you set on Georgetown? Something else to know is that traffic from Georgetown coming down the hill on I-64 is gridlocked every morning at rush hour. Hope this helps!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM

45 posts, read 113,319 times
One other thing...I'm not sure where you're moving from but it's important to be aware that Louisville, KY, was the allergy capital last year. Not a big deal if you don't have allergies, but can be debilitating if you do. Ironically, we are consider moving due to our 3-year old son's severe allergies--it's so bad here that it's common for folks to get year-round allergy shots (my son started getting 3/week at age ONE and 3 meds/day--I've been on shots for 20+ years...get the idea?) It's a beautiful area but that beauty comes with a price tag. Just thought you should know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana