Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 12:44 PM

15 posts, read 30,819 times

Advertisements

I think its sad that both black and,white still can't coexist after being in America a few hundred years together! Can't ride on that slavery hump anymore that's over 175 years ago .Has their been opposition towards blacks that paved the way for equality yes .But so has Asians,Mexicans,Jewish,Arabs and,the list goes on. What I can respect about others races alone from my perspective being black is ,they'll move anywhere to prosper themselves and , their family while whites or blacks are so worried about the strange looking family in the community .That strange looking family's kids are gonna run corporations one day because their not worried about the issues that whites or blacks have with them thats called coexistence.

I'm black I have six boys and,married and,no were not poor and I don't have 4 baby mommas. I want the best for my boys. They have been called n!##*? At the their current school. I educate them not to react not to give the word power. For 1 their eight grade twins creeping on being 6 feet tall and their weight is portioned properly and, I don't want a law suit ,plus you can't punch everybody you have an issue with nor shoot somebody over meaningless words ! I've been in the same situation as a youth in predominantly white schools and ,the kids were just cruel and ,lacked understanding for blacks ,so experience has taught me how to deal with these issues rather than reacting negatively to ones ignorance .

You can say I'm African American or I can say one is English American ,Asian American etc. But the reality is we are 1 as Americans from all different walks of life who need to respect each other equally .

This is not an Hamilton county problem nor an Indianapolis problem .I'm from Flint Michigan and white flight happened in the 70s,80s,and 90s in Flint and, my parents decided to fly with them along with 100s of other black families and ,settled in Grand Blanc.That's an American problem it happened in cities across the country. Truth be told when crack hit Americas streets a monster was unleashed and, don't forget people were Midwesterners we depended on the auto industry for years and ,when those factories starting closing across the Midwest we had a serious economic crisis on our hands. So you can't blame people for wanting to isolate themselves from those issues be it white or black .

Bottom line is this I'm moving my family to the area with prosperity on all levels in mind and,to contribute positively to the community. To meet people unbiased
and,to judge by content not color . If a person or persons in Hamilton co.,Wt,or wherever we decide to settle have a problem with me because of my race and, don't actually have a legitimate gripe. I feel sorry for you
Plus if the cops do stop off dwb ( which I don't doubt ) hopefully they'll have sense enough to stop after they figure I live in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 04:27 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
well, stay away from the Carmel boys basketball thread. Yikes ... it's getting scarier and scarier. It's truly sad that these boys felt the need to victimize the young man like they did.

I think I mentioned it already, but I think you should investigate Washington Twp schools. You could also check out Center Grove (White River Twp schools) in Greenwood. You could also check into the charter school situation within IPS. I guess their gifted and talented magnet is outstanding and Herron HS is ranked in the top 20 in the country ...

Hamilton Southeastern schools are very good, and Noblesville schools are good too.

Is there a chance you will be able to show your children around to the different schools before you come out??? I do believe that they will be able to tell you how a school feels to them.

Best of luck to you in finding the best place for you and your family. Keep us posted and keep asking questions.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:38 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
There is plenty of diversity at Manual HS, but not one person here has ever recommend that people move into the district. In fact, folks here are routinely told to avoid IPS. So what we have here is this illusion here of supporting attending a diverse school system, but _only_ if majority of the student body comes from households with a certain income level. There is likely somewhat of a correlation between suggestions here and moral/social upbringing as well.
For the record, Manual is less "diverse" than either Lawrence Township High school; and less diverse than most of the high schools in Marion County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis