Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:32 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,562 times

Advertisements

Hi all, just curious whether it's a good place to live or not and whether it's comparable to the village in Zionsville. I have a love affair with the village but my husband prefers Carmel. I'm not in love with Carmel but the right area might make the difference I love older homes & am trying to get away from being in a subdivision. I'm def. not a West Clay fan (no offense). I know the A&D disrict has a large amount of homes turned into businesses so I don't know it living within all that is an issue or not. I also have 2 elementary age kids.

We moved to FL 3 years ago from Indy & are toying with the idea of coming back home sometime in the near future. We still own our home in Avon but for business reasons, we really need to be closer to the northside. If I can't convince hubby that Zionsville is #1, I need to have a back up plan to pitch

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 06:07 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
I certainly would.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:03 PM

11 posts, read 22,818 times
Seems like a nice area; we enjoyed a little bit of time in there. We are going for Zionsville ourselves, but the A&D district of Carmel would be enjoyable. I would be concerned for the size of their high school though. Maybe by the time your kids are that age there will be a second one though...

Old 09-07-2010, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77AIL View Post
Seems like a nice area; we enjoyed a little bit of time in there. We are going for Zionsville ourselves, but the A&D district of Carmel would be enjoyable. I would be concerned for the size of their high school though. Maybe by the time your kids are that age there will be a second one though...
Yes, you are correct, the massive size of Carmel high school does bother me- that's another reason I really prefer Zionsville. I'm a country girl as well. Z'ville feels much more "natural" to me than Carmel does. Most of our northside friends & business contacts live in the Carmel area which is which my husband leans that way.

Thanks for the imput! (TT too!)

Old 09-07-2010, 05:47 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Yes, you are correct, the massive size of Carmel high school does bother me- that's another reason I really prefer Zionsville. I'm a country girl as well. Z'ville feels much more "natural" to me than Carmel does. Most of our northside friends & business contacts live in the Carmel area which is which my husband leans that way.

Thanks for the imput! (TT too!)
Why does the size of the high school bother you?

I doubt Carmel will pursue a second high school. They seem satisfied with having the one large high school as that gives them an advantage in athletics.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:00 AM

436 posts, read 951,489 times
Of course. Both are nice. Z-ville is a little more preferable, but your taste may be otherwise.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:00 AM

891 posts, read 2,449,461 times
I live almost inn the actual district. very nice. In two years it should be even better

Old 09-07-2010, 06:02 AM

436 posts, read 951,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Yes, you are correct, the massive size of Carmel high school does bother me-
It should. It's a very abusive school, and if anything happens to your child, say he's gang-raped by other students at a sporting event, nothing will happen to the rapists, and the Prosecutor will sweep it under the rug.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:54 AM

912 posts, read 1,331,404 times
I certainly would .Nuff said.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Why does the size of the high school bother you?

I doubt Carmel will pursue a second high school. They seem satisfied with having the one large high school as that gives them an advantage in athletics.
I don't think Carmel will build a 2nd HS either. I just find a H.S. that has more students than my entire hometown growing up a bit, well- freakish. I can't imagine kids not getting "lost in the shuffle" when a school has 4,000 students.

Last edited by PixiStix; 09-07-2010 at 07:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis