Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 01:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,735 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be relocating to Indy from St. Louis in the next couple of months and have to figure out housing fairly quickly. I've got a couple of appointments set up to view a couple properties in Fishers and near the Castleton area. I'm having a hard time finding properties that aren't apartment complexes. I'm a single 27 year old male with a good sales job that will be based out of my future home. I'll be traveling all over the Indy area for my job. I really don't know anyone in the area so somewhere that has people in my demographic would be nice. I would love some suggestions on good areas to live/specific properties to look into. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 02:54 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Are you hoping to rent a house? You could try craigslist. You could grab a Nuvo while you are in town. Are you purposely looking in places like Fishers and Castleton, or are you open to other areas of town? What type of area are you looking for? 27 year old sales people live all over the metro. In the city, younger people such as myself live all over; but the most common suggestions are going to be places like Broad Ripple, South Broad Ripple, Fountain Square, downtown, Irvington, Fall Creek Place, etc. I know a lot of folks my age (I am 27) that also live in Hamilton County and Greenwood. In the city, I know people who live in those normally suggested areas; I know people that live in places that have a less than favorable rep on this forum. I guess a broad question yields a broad response.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,735 times
It's difficult to be specific about what area I would like to live having never been to the city, which makes searching Craigslist somewhat difficult. I would much rather prefer to find a townhome/condo in a good area in my price range. I do like going out frequently but by no means need to be living above a bar or right next to one. I guess I'm looking for a reasonably priced ($1000/month) place that is close enough to get to places where there is nightlife and among others my age. I'd trade quality for location which is why I was thinking Fishers. In my mind when posting something like this the ultimate response would be someone coming back and saying "I know the perfect place for someone like you, and that place is..." I doubt that will happen, but that puts you in the head of the people like myself that reach out to others on a forum like this.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
we just did the same type of move and work out of our home. Do you know what side of town is your prime market for clients? That is important. You will understand in a second why. OUr clientele is about 55-60 percent north of the city. SO we found a place north but when I first got here I was working out of a fellow employees place south. It took me 45 minutes to get to his place to start work and again most of my travel was back in the north. Now that we found a place my time is managed much better. You need to figure out what side of town is your high travel area and look there. the difference between living south and driving north or vice versa is 30-45 minutes depending on time of day. Short cutting thru the city instead of on the 465 isnt much of a help either.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:34 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
also rent the 1st yr then find a place... a apartment or townhome is the way to go when you will be spending most of your time working up your work. We found a nice townhome in carmel. a little small but nice area. Most my drive is about 10-20 minutes away everyday.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:07 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,605,926 times
I would possibly look in downtown Carmel especially for townhomes. I also think there might be some townhomes near the Fashion Mall at Keystone. Both locations would be reasonably close to Broad Ripple for most of the bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis