U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 09:36 PM

16 posts, read 28,778 times

Advertisements

We just arrived in Indy to apartment hunt. I have done a ton of research and spent countless hours on this site, but now that I am here my brain is mush!
We got here around five and have already looked at apartments in Greenwood, Mooreville, and Plainfield. We will look at some more places tomorrow and hope to sign a lease saturday morning before we drive home.
What about Speedway, Decatur, Clermont and West Newton? They look close enough to the airport (20 minutes or so) and the prices are right. How safe/clean...are they? any tips about a favorite area or one to stay away from.
I know that I could search for the info but it is taking forever and like I said OATMEAL....
The places we looked at today were freestanding buildings, duplex, and fourplex. Tomorrow I want to check out one or two of the managed buildings. Anyone live in one of these bigger complexes???
Some on my list are...
Covington Square (close to job)
Westminster and Polo Run (we liked greenwood)
Waterbury and Belmont in Decatur

PLEASE SAVE ME!!!!
PS...I love your city so far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 07:39 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,988,763 times
Slow down and take a look around the area of each complex/apartment. What's close? A food store, fast food, drug store. Interstate access.
The only complex I have read bad things about is Polo Run. Give the Greenwood Police a call and ask how often they do runs there if it really has your interest.
I haven't lived in apartment for a long time but I would be drilling the management with questions like "what if neighbor plays stereo too loud".
If you look out west Rockville Rd (US36) can be a nightmare traffic wise. Grew too much too fast.
Welcome to Indy. The weather isn't always this nice but it still beats Pittsburgh's.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:38 AM

3 posts, read 7,257 times
I'm not sure of the apartment complex name but it is near Metropolis in Plainfield looks nice. It would be really close to the airport and lots of shopping.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:10 AM

210 posts, read 506,261 times
Greenwood IS nice but stay away from Westminster and Polo Run. I lived in Westminster under a different name and management company in the early 90's and it was horrible. Took them almost a week to replace a leaking hot water heater, children playing on top of parked cars in the parking lot, then finally there was a shooting in one of the other units and a bullet went through a wall into another apartment. We were able to break our lease after a little help from an attorney.

Good luck with the hunt!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:32 PM

30 posts, read 80,634 times
I have to agree with bgelfius about the apartments out by Metropolis in Plainfield. That part of Plainfield/US-40 has EVERYTHING imaginable. The apartments are nice and the area is nice as well, in my opinion.

I've always heard negative things about Polo Run.

As for Speedway, there isn't too much to offer for apartments. I grew up in Speedway and the apartments I would always say to stay away from. They aren't HORRIBLE, but It's not something I would suggest to anybody.

I lived right outside of Speedway a couple years back in Linden Square. The apartments were nice and never had any problems. The office staff was nice as well. No complaints with them from me.

Good luck!

Old 10-08-2010, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,506 times
The Latitudes or Sundance Apartments. Only downfall is property controlled television and internet but great facilities and location.

Quickest to Greenwood and I-65 access:
[url=http://www.roseresidents.com/latitudes/start.html]Latitudes[/url]

Quick to I-65 but horrible rush hour and many ways to every place in Southport.

[url=http://www.roseresidents.com/sundance/]Sundance at the Crossings Apartments in Indianapolis Indiana[/url]

Good Luck stick to Greenwood and southside Indy its efficient.

Also if your interested theres a Car Show in Southport this weekend. Might give you an idea of the persons around the area.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:26 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,988,763 times
Where is there a car show?

Old 10-09-2010, 08:08 PM

I just can not thank everyone enough for the advice. We rented a place in Mooresville. It just felt like a good fit for us. Single building not a complex, 15 minutes from work. Met the neighbors and the landlord.
Thanks again!!!

Old 10-09-2010, 11:52 PM

436 posts, read 1,121,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcitymom View Post
I just can not thank everyone enough for the advice. We rented a place in Mooresville. It just felt like a good fit for us. Single building not a complex, 15 minutes from work. Met the neighbors and the landlord.
Thanks again!!!
Glad to see you found a place you liked and felt comfortable in. Mooresville is nice, even when Grey's is closed And the easy access to the city, airport, and interstates is a fantastic bonus.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:43 AM

We has some awesome BBQ too. A place called Squealers. YUMMY!!!!! They don't do pulled pork and brisket like that in Pittsburgh! Now peirogies and fish sandwiches, we've got that covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis