Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,311 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are moving from Maryland and I'm looking for some opinions and advice. We are looking to buy a home in a family friendly neighbor (we have a 2 1/2 year old and 2 dogs), and based on the research I've done so far, I think we'd really like Brownsburg. However, my husband's job will be closer to Lawrence. Are there any places near Lawrence with that family friendly, small town feel that anyone would recommend? I've searched this forum but haven't found anything that would help. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 05:54 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
I guess it depends on what you mean by "small-town feel." A Brownsburg-to-Lawrence commute would be pretty long, by local standards. Fishers is close and offers good schools, but many would consider it to be generic suburbia (Heck, I live in Fishers, and I'd call it that.). I would look into Noblesville, Fortville and maybe even Pendleton.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
If you want a small town feel .. I'd go for Noblesville. It's a heck of a lot better commute to Lawrence than Brownsburg!!! What about Pendleton???

Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,300 times
brownsburg would be too far. the other suggestions are ok...perhaps you could look into mccordsville as well. you might run into more traffic coming from fishers/noblesville.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:13 AM

86 posts, read 295,817 times
Echoing what the other posters have said, Fishers and Noblesville will certainly qualify for "family friendly" and have great schools but I am not sure I would consider either "small town". Noblesville more so than Fishers but to me Noblesville still doesn't qualify as small town but it is all relative. Some other areas to consider: McCordsville, Fortville, and maybe even New Palestine.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:18 AM

92 posts, read 230,058 times
I think the downtown section of Noblesville gives you that "small town feel" with all the retail grocers, shopping you need....

Old 10-15-2010, 07:20 AM

5 posts, read 7,197 times
Noblesville is a great choice. As with all the growth and development in our county the last 30 years our population has grown. Civic leaders have really worked at keeping the"small town" feeling. google Noblesville and you will find that our community has made many "top of list" rankings in national publications over the last few years. City water parks, walking trails, a covered bridge, a public resevoir for water sports, a public beach, a great mixture of housing from turn of century old town homes, to custom and production homes of all ages and price points. A river with public access for water activity/kayaking/fishing. Lots of great golf courses. A vibrant downtown business community around the old courthouse square. Friday night public events like movies on the courthouse lawn, street dances, Friday and Sat night car cruise ins. I'm a local and an area real estate agent of 18 yrs. Feel free to contact me and we can talk more about locations. ekarrfalt@sbcglobal.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis