Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:19 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,549 times

Advertisements

as a prospective Buyer, they should pay me to buy a home.

I wonder if Mitch would pay me to buy his on Portside so I can fish in the morning and early evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 09:42 AM

Holy smokin catfish!!! Mitch just put a freeze on the huge tax hike. Reassessments are ordered.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:06 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Governor ordering new assessment | IndyStar.com

Here's the story ... wow, maybe all the counties will reassess.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:16 AM

now that took some courage on Mitch's part and I appreciate it. I should drop off some flowers at his home.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,055,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
F....O....O....T....B....A....L....L.... The stadium is costing more and more and more....and is already worthless....elsewhere the money will be going:

To pay the remaining lease on the old stadium (isn't it like $75 million?)
The library construction faux pas.
Update sewer system that they have already hiked up the commercial sewage fees (but has construction started yet?)

Bart Peterson treats every bit of incoming money (food and beverage tax for donut counties?) as petty cash and just throws it at the most urgent need. I don't know how the treasurer and controller of Indy gets any sleep!
I thought food tax was going to pay for the new stadium. You know they have already run out of money to build the stadium, how comical is that? One of the excuses is that cost of building materials has gone up!!! Why build a new stadium when your current one is not even paid off, this is just redicilous!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 PM

554 posts, read 2,500,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I thought food tax was going to pay for the new stadium. You know they have already run out of money to build the stadium, how comical is that? One of the excuses is that cost of building materials has gone up!!! Why build a new stadium when your current one is not even paid off, this is just redicilous!
I heard something about the new stadium not having enough seats?

and I also saw a post about tax reassessments in Marion County.. Domergurl already posted the link.

So maybe things won't be too bad in Indy..

Old 07-19-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
now that took some courage on Mitch's part and I appreciate it. I should drop off some flowers at his home.
I don't know about courage per se Shrek ... he's doing his job as governor. It is refreshing to see that he brought Kernan into the fold. Maybe there is some bipartisan blood in those veins.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:49 AM

That stupid football stadium is going to be the biggest boondoggle this state has seen (rivaling the toll road lease). I hope the Irsay family raises a glass of bubbley each and every night in honor of their ability to call the shots in this state for a team that they would sneak out of here in the dead of night (a la Baltimore) the minute anyone tells them "no".

Old 07-19-2007, 06:40 AM

I don't expect the reassessments will be much different than the ones just tossed out by Mitch. He may have to keep tossing until Township Assessors get things right.

Maybe they should have a system which allows homeowners to do their own new assessments. They are the ones who know what their homes are really worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis