Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the Carmel City Center project?
Good project! 22 66.67%
Bad project! 2 6.06%
Indifferent 9 27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:34 PM

912 posts, read 1,331,748 times

Advertisements

I love it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 07:46 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,605,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingToMunster View Post
And I love those live-work units on Delaware! See, my thing is. I like when actual city neighborhoods get revived or redeveloped as live/work areas. The issue many people have is that usually (such as in Chicago for example) it leads to gentrification and pushes the lower income people to the suburbs. I know many people in Carmel would not like that one bit. I know it seems as though Carmel is competing with Indianapolis, but I just hope that at the end, this project becomes more of a complement to Indianapolis as opposed to competition.
I agree. Carmel is not competing with Indianapolis, but it is complementing what Indianapolis offers. Hopefully this project gets people from the city to spend money in Carmel and gets people that move to Carmel to spend money in the city. It would be nice to have a train or streetcar running from Carmel to downtown so that people from both places can have easy access to the other.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 AM

37 posts, read 67,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
I agree. Carmel is not competing with Indianapolis, but it is complementing what Indianapolis offers. Hopefully this project gets people from the city to spend money in Carmel and gets people that move to Carmel to spend money in the city. It would be nice to have a train or streetcar running from Carmel to downtown so that people from both places can have easy access to the other.
That would be great! However, after reading some of the comments on The Indianapolis Star, I do not know how likely that would be. MOST of the people against it is mainly because they did not want their taxes raised to support any rail project. But there was one poster, ChurchOfObama who said:
I do not want "economically disadvantaged" residents of downtown Indy being able to hop on a train and get off near my home in Fishers. We pay a lot of money to live up there, and we want to keep it a nice area. That's our right.

Burglaries, violent crime, etc. will skyrocket if this thing gets built. Just watch, we're going to see thugs carrying stolen HDTV's, etc., on the train as they ride back to the city with their loot.

Can you believe that? I hope there are not many more people like that poster. Those are the kind of people that slow progress down.

Anyway, some kind of transit to connect this project to downtown would be grand!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:22 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
That would be great! However, after reading some of the comments on The Indianapolis Star, I do not know how likely that would be. MOST of the people against it is mainly because they did not want their taxes raised to support any rail project. But there was one poster, ChurchOfObama who said:
I do not want "economically disadvantaged" residents of downtown Indy being able to hop on a train and get off near my home in Fishers. We pay a lot of money to live up there, and we want to keep it a nice area. That's our right.

Burglaries, violent crime, etc. will skyrocket if this thing gets built. Just watch, we're going to see thugs carrying stolen HDTV's, etc., on the train as they ride back to the city with their loot.

Can you believe that? I hope there are not many more people like that poster. Those are the kind of people that slow progress down.

Anyway, some kind of transit to connect this project to downtown would be grand!
Do yourself a favor and stop reading the comments after IndyStar stories. It's the province of crazies.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:30 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
that comment has to be a goof ... seriously.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Do yourself a favor and stop reading the comments after IndyStar stories. It's the province of crazies.
Believe me when I say that I know it is a haven for crazy people. Which is mainly why I do not bother posting on it and it gets really uncivilized very quickly! However, it still has an effect just knowing that there are some people who feel that way. Thank goodness that people that extreme are an ever increasing minority (I hope). Anyway, thanks for everyone's responses so far!

Question: Does anybody know any of the retailers or restaurants that are supposed to locate to CCC? I know they are supposed to be "independents" but is the project open to name-brands as well?

Old 11-09-2010, 06:27 AM

Question Apartments/Loft Pricing

So I decided to research the pricing of rentals at CCC and found this!

What do you guys feel about the pricing? Overpriced? Underpriced? About right?

The Residences at Carmel City Center Apartments/Lofts

One thing I do notice is that the security deposits for ALL of the rentals are only $200. Usually it is first one's rent, or first AND last months rent. Good marketing strategy if you ask me!

Old 11-09-2010, 06:39 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:

If I am not mistaken, some neighborhoods in Washington DC were left without stops on their Metro because of residents expressing the exact same concerns above.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:08 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,491,199 times
The one thing that I REALLY like about this whole project is the fact that within mass suburbia, Carmel is at least trying to make the downtown area more walkable and lively for more people. I do like that the retail is going to be mostly (or all) non-chain and more-so boutique style. However, I do not think it would hurt to have at least one good department store in Carmel like Neiman Marcus or something. I would say Saks, but that is already at Fashion Mall (decent mall btw!).

Old 12-30-2010, 05:09 PM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
So I decided to research the pricing of rentals at CCC and found this!

What do you guys feel about the pricing? Overpriced? Underpriced? About right?

The Residences at Carmel City Center Apartments/Lofts

One thing I do notice is that the security deposits for ALL of the rentals are only $200. Usually it is first one's rent, or first AND last months rent. Good marketing strategy if you ask me!

we moved to indy in july and found our home at a town home at carmel center. now we are at the older complex not the new ones that just opened but price and size were camparable to homes we were looking to rent in carmel. we are happy for the service and place and most likely will wait another yr before finding a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis