Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,269,932 times

Advertisements

Is there anything interesting in Indy worth stopping for ?

Any good restaurants that have great waffles/ & good breakfast ?

Any good antique stores ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 10:36 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Depends how long you want to stop, and what you are hoping to find.

There are some antique stores in Fountain Square, along Virginia Ave.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:18 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,478,655 times
My favorite breakfast place is Sophie's at the corner of 135 and Main Street. Remodeled with great service and huge quality portions. Lots of selections. I usually make two meals out of the egg dishes.

Late breakfast and lunch, Zest between College and Keystone on 54th. Chef Valerie has great food and fantastic coffee. Won awards for the Cream Brulee French Toast.

I used to like the Original Pancake Houses but they have deteriorated and the prices were raised several times.

Lunch or dinner this week check oiut Devour Downtown on google for the special meals being offered downtown. I suggest Adobo Grill. We have had some fantastic meals there. Not your usual fare.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:11 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,877 times
Indy is a big area. Where in Indy will you be driving through, downtown, or the I-465 loop? Do you want local, semi-national, or does it matter?

Anyways, for breakfast, there are two local places that I know of:

#1: Flap Jacks--Locations around the metro area. I have never been here, but heard good thing about their breakfast. They have suburban stores from the SW area up the western edge of Indy, up to the NW area of the city. There is only one Indy proper store, on the south side. This would be a place if you are driving I-465 on the west side, coming in from I-70, I-74, from the west, or I-65 from Chicago area.

Flap-Jacks Locations

#2: Blueberry Hill Pancake House--Located off of US 40 (locally called E. Washington St.), a/k/a The National Rd., right off I-465 on the east side of the city. I've been here a few times, but it has been a year or so. Every time I go I end up with a decent meal. Prices are reasonable.

There are two semi-national chains in Indy: LePeep and Cracker Barrel. LePeep locations are mostly in the northern part of the city, with a location in downtown Indy. I have eaten here once or twice, been many years. Their breakfast was good, but more on the pricey side. A good place to stop if you are using I-65 from Chicago, the northern part of I-465, or I-69 coming in from the NE. Cracker Barrel restaurants are usually found at interstate ramp systems. There are many in the Indy metro area. Cracker Barrel features a "country store" at each restaurant. We also have a lot of Denny's restaurants throughout the state. They are usually pretty decent and have great value for the money. For the price and what I eat (basic waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs, toast), I would rather have Denny's than Le Peep or Cracker Barrel.

Le Peep Restaurants - Locations

Restaurant Locations: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Directory

Denny's Restaurants - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner 24/7

Old 01-26-2011, 11:51 AM

Coming from Hwy 70 from MO to OH

Driving thru. Limited on time.
Just hoping for a good breakfast.
Hoping to find a couple antique shops not too far from Highway 70.

Thanks everyone.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:09 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,304 times
Go to Patachou for a good breakfast. It is only a few blocks north of 70 and you will have no problem getting off and back on. Parking can be a problem but you can park in the Circle Center Mall garage across the street for $1.50.

Here is their main website:

Cafe Patachou : a student union for adults since 1989

The Yelp page for that location:

Patachou on the Park - Indy Metro - Indianapolis, IN

Old 01-26-2011, 02:01 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,478,655 times
Yes, Patachou is great.

The best antique malls are off I70 in Springfield OH. There are three before Columbus.

Webbs in Centerville, IN just before Richomond IN. All the ones mentioned are large interior malls.

A lot of our antique shops/malls have closed in Indy.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:40 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
Coming from Hwy 70 from MO to OH

Driving thru. Limited on time.
Just hoping for a good breakfast.
Hoping to find a couple antique shops not too far from Highway 70.

Thanks everyone.
OK, here are some suggestions: If you take I-70 to I-465 and go south two miles, you come to US 40. Blueberry Hill is off of US 40 just about one block east of I-465. Also, there is a Bob Evans there, and even closer off Shadeland Ave. just north of the I-70 ramp system there. The I-70 ramp at Shadeland Ave. (on the east side of town) is in the 2200 block north. If you go up to 34th and Shadeland (head north from the exit ramp) there is the Shadeland Antique Mall. Also, behind Blueberry Hill is a place called Pedler's Mall and they have some old things in there.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:50 PM

Thanks so much everyone for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:05 AM

83 posts, read 180,822 times
Default Need a waffle fix?

You gotta try Maxine's Chicken and Waffles. It's downtown at Ohio and East Streets. Outstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis