Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 05:36 PM

92 posts, read 229,992 times

Advertisements

So one day when we went to my childrens basketball game our front door somehow got opened which caused our 2 labs to run loose. We came home saw the front door wide open and didn't even think about our house we thought about our dogs so after a panicked search in the subdivision we called up the humane society who indicated our dogs were just picked up and brought there about 10 minutes. So we head over to the humane society and pay for our oldest chocolate lab to get microchipped while the puppy chocolate didn't need it because she was microchipped and vaccinated at the low cost spay next to the humane society. They tried to contact the CSO that picked up the dogs but he never returned their call and they said "We wouldn't worry about it too much it's the first time this has ever happened to you guys, your dogs are fixed and vaccinated this was an honest mistake. You'll hear from him and probably will get a warning."

Well lo and behold my mail lady knocks on my door today and has a certified mail for us indicating that the CSO cited us with a ticket for the dogs running loose which is a must appear. I talked to my son's basketball coach who is a police officer and was flabbergasted that 1.) the CSO never contacted us to talk about the incident 2.) that we were cited

The fine for this is 114 bucks and the court can tack on extra fees. I am so angry at the lack CSO following up with us and now my wife has to miss a day of work because of this since it's a must appear...

Thanks for the rant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Cso?

Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM

92 posts, read 229,992 times
Community Service Officer

Old 02-13-2011, 09:20 AM

914 posts, read 4,444,619 times
Not County Sheriff's Office?

Old 02-13-2011, 04:16 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
I'm sorry to sound dense, but I've never heard of one of those ...

Old 02-13-2011, 06:13 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,113,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMovedToChannahon View Post
So one day when we went to my childrens basketball game our front door somehow got opened which caused our 2 labs to run loose. We came home saw the front door wide open and didn't even think about our house we thought about our dogs
While I agree the fine sucks....more importantly have you figured out why your front door was unlatched???

I ask because this happened to me once. I was returning home and saw a cute little doggie on the curb and said "hey that looks like MY dog...oh wait that IS my dog!!!" Put her in the car, drove home and found my front door wide open. It was a very windy day and, unbeknownst to me, there was a problem with my deadbolt. Helllllllo, Mr. Locksmith?

I'd pay the fine and be grateful that a) my pups were returned safely b) no one entered the house and stole all of my earthly possessions ( a flatscreen or a laptop is worth more than $114) and c) that I was alerted to a security breach at my home and can now take the steps to fix it!

Good luck and best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis