Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 10:50 AM

2,549 posts, read 3,977,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
As if downtown wasn't cheesy enough already.........

A Walmart Super Center built on the lot next to City Hall should do it. (jinx jinx)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 10:51 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
As if downtown wasn't cheesy enough already.........
I agree, but tourists and weekenders would rather not have to try new things ....

Old 07-04-2013, 12:12 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Just about everyone still go downtown. It's the prime destination in the region. Wonder if nordstrom would ever release their numbers. They may have more of a steady income stream being north but might be closer to a break even overall. They lose the conventioners who tend to spend more away from home plus the other 3 sides of the metro. Contrary to north side belief, there are some of us elsewhere that can afford to go to nordstrom and did.
If Nordstrom had been successful downtown it wouldn't have closed. Why hasn't another high end retailer opened in that location in the years since Nordstrom left? Why didn't Nordstrom's Rack locate downtown?

High end shopping is better suited to the north. Locate in the radius around Carmel's zip code 46032, the highest per capita net worth zip in the state and one of the highest in the country.

I think Target would be a good fit downtown.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:39 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
If Nordstrom had been successful downtown it wouldn't have closed. Why hasn't another high end retailer opened in that location in the years since Nordstrom left? Why didn't Nordstrom's Rack locate downtown?

High end shopping is better suited to the north. Locate in the radius around Carmel's zip code 46032, the highest per capita net worth zip in the state and one of the highest in the country.

I think Target would be a good fit downtown.
I was under the impression that the higest per capita zip code area in the state was Crows Nest followed by Williams Creek, followed by Sring Hill which are all in Marion County the last time I checked.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
I was under the impression that the higest per capita zip code area in the state was Crows Nest followed by Williams Creek, followed by Sring Hill which are all in Marion County the last time I checked.
Maybe per capita income vs per capita net worth? I know that Carmel's 46032 made the news a couple months ago for being in the top ten wealthiest zip codes in the country, and it was the only Indiana zip code in the top 100.

After that list was announced the advertising flyers and high end junk mail increased tremendously in 46032.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:14 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,139 times
Quote:
Maybe per capita income vs per capita net worth? I know that Carmel's 46032 made the news a couple months ago for being in the top ten wealthiest zip codes in the country, and it was the only Indiana zip code in the top 100.

After that list was announced the advertising flyers and high end junk mail increased tremendously in 46032.
I heard a while ago that the wealthiest zip code in Indiana was actually on the outskirts of Fort Wayne, 46814.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:22 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,548 times
Quote:

Ca and nj dominate wealthiest zip codes in the nation. It's not in the top 10. Simon has neglected ccm for the fashion mall upgrade and castleton making it the 2nd largest mall in the state (southlake in hobart still has more sq footage and gla nut not simon owned). What makes you think they didn't make money downtown? What incentives did they receive if any to move? That we dont know. American business is more about the handouts they can get from the taxpayers.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:12 PM

A Whole Foods and Trader Joe's would be nice downtown. The only TJ locations are northside and Whole Foods locations are Northside or Carmel. Earthfare locations are only Carmel and Noblesville.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:03 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Ca and nj dominate wealthiest zip codes in the nation. It's not in the top 10.
If you simply measure by income, it is.

Cities Where Americans Earn the Most - Yahoo! Finance

Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
If you simply measure by income, it is.

Cities Where Americans Earn the Most - Yahoo! Finance
Is Carmel suppose to be the Hamptons of the Midwest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis