Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 05:32 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,972,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Language is just one form of an individual cognitive ability. Mathematical geniuses often have grammar issues but idoes that make him or her uneducated? I'm sure there are many disciplines you have failed to master.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
But I have mastered the "basics" of language and grammar. Come on, they teach this stuff in elementary school. The basic fundamentals of our core subjects are taught in primary school, if you're losing grasp on those as an adult then you never had a great education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 06:54 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,979,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
But I have mastered the "basics" of language and grammar. Come on, they teach this stuff in elementary school. The basic fundamentals of our core subjects are taught in primary school, if you're losing grasp on those as an adult then you never had a great education.
That's not true. There are many people with higher level of education that don't have perfect grammar. There are some people in the country that don't know that there is a difference between the American Webster and British Oxford English dictionary. That doesn't make them uneducated. Grammar is only one area of education. Education is a broad term. You have to be more specific while looking at the larger picture when you talk about the various subjects of education. People have different levels of knowledge on various subjects. You're scope of only basing intelligence on just "grammar" is very narrow. Btw, do have something against rich people?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:04 PM

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
    That's not true. There are many people with higher level of education that don't have perfect grammar. There are some people in the country that don't know that there is a difference between the American Webster and British Oxford English dictionary. That doesn't make them uneducated. Grammar is only one area of education. Education is a broad term. You have to be more specific while looking at the larger picture when you talk about the various subjects of education. People have different levels of knowledge on various subjects. You're scope of only basing intelligence on just "grammar" is very narrow. Btw, do (insert YOU here)have something against rich people?
Levels*
Your (not you're)
Insert you in last sentence.

You weren't lying when you said English and grammar were your weak areas, it's a shame because you have some well informed posts overshadowed by your lack of grammar skills.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:01 PM

368 posts, read 638,644 times
i think its spelt grammer,i took 6 years of grammer in high school,but i dont flawnt it here on the bored.but i would add that the concept of an urban mall may not be the best future for retail in the downtown area

Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Levels*
Your (not you're)
Insert you in last sentence.

You weren't lying when you said English and grammar were your weak areas, it's a shame because you have some well informed posts overshadowed by your lack of grammar skills.
I wish we all had perfect grammar but none of us including you my friend are perfect. We all have our weakness in some areas but we also have strong ones. I don't pretend to know everything because no one does. Nice posting at the city vs city, btw.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:16 AM

Okay, let's get back on topic here. Here are some photos I've taken during my visit in England. I think the vacant Nordstrom space should be renovated to something more modern. I say lose the conservative traditional look. You still have the historic facade further north. The exterior walls should come down replaced with a more transparent glass facade. There could also be set backs with restaurant level balconies over looking Georgia Street. A "Circle Centre Tower" could rise above as the south anchor making the mall more vertical. Here are some ideas.

Replace the existing sky bridge over Georgia Street with something like this.

More glass exterior

Old 07-26-2013, 11:32 AM

That skyway bridge is FAR smaller than the current skyway bridge they have. It'd be a downgrade if they went with it. The other areas of this mall in England are rather nice looking though.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
That skyway bridge is FAR smaller than the current skyway bridge they have. It'd be a downgrade if they went with it. The other areas of this mall in England are rather nice looking though.
You don't like the glass tube version? I've seen some really cool malls. The best I've seen is the one in Japan. It was the first vertical mall I've ever been in.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:24 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,491,199 times
Has anyone heard of anything regarding this space?

Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 AM

I'm curious about this too, have heard nothing though. People have been saying that sales at the mall overall are down and its outlook is looking increasingly grim. Of course it still has plenty of stores and sees a fair amount of business, but Indy is more suburban and people will go to the large malls on the outskirts of the city before Circle Centre Mall in many cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis