Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:08 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times

Advertisements

I work in Castleton, I get off work at 5 pm. Back in mid-May I had to drive out to Avon to meet with a realtor. It took me 90 minutes to get from Castleton to Avon. It was an absolute nightmare. The meeting was at 6, I was a half hour late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 07:19 AM

23 posts, read 24,799 times
Interview went well, now I sit and wait. They said it could be a while with the government having money problems. I'll just keep looking, just incase. Thanks for all of the advice.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
As a current Fishers resident but former westsider who lived off of Rockville Road, I must disagree. Westside traffic can be underrated. That side of 465, at least before the widening, used to run really slow at times.

That said, if one is living in Avon but commuting to the airport, there are routes that would allow you to avoid much of the traffic.
I mean I agree that traffic everywhere can get backed up during rush hour, but I've just never seen anything worse in Indianapolis than some of the times I've experienced backed up traffic on 69 from Exit 10 to 465.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 655 times
I'm just starting the thought process on moving my family to Indianapolis and I've found this map very helpful.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 07-14-2011 at 06:07 AM..

Old 06-24-2011, 06:39 AM

I couldn't get the link to work but I did go to the site. I'll check it out thanks. Which area are you leaning towards?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 AM

I got the tentative job offer Friday and acccepted. With the current housing market I am going to have to live in a hotel or somewhere for a while until my house sells. Does anyone know of a good efficiency apartment or hotel near the airport? I know there is an extended stay suites but it is $60 a night and this will probably be for several months.

I am passing through Indy next week coming back from Lake Michigan for vacation and plan to drive around Avon,Plainfield and Greenwood. Any other suggestions? Schools are very importan with 2 teenagers.

Thanks

Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,562 times
I spent many years living in Avon & Plainfield. If commute to the airport is an issue, hands down, you want to live in Plainfield. It's now an amazingly short commute (frankly it wasn't bad before the new airport was built but it's even closer now) Living in Avon still takes way longer to get the airport than it would seem. Having I-70 access near Plainfield would be a great plus for you. Avon is growing faster than Plainfield. Avon HS is having some serious growing pains but it's a good school. Plainfield HS is smaller & was newly built a few years ago. Plainfield ranks slightly higher than Avon but I honestly have no direct experience with either. My kids were toddler, pre-k age when we lived in both towns. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis