U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 PM

7,917 posts, read 5,685,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwalker82 View Post
You are right. Public transit is cheap....and great if you don't get robbed on it. I'd take the ability to keep my doors unlocked to Chicago crime anyday.

And btw, this is not a Chicago bashing thread...this is about me trying to find a good place to live in Indy if I so choose to move there. And when the economy gets back to normal in Il, I WILL move back here because I love Chicago and I love the NW suburbs. This is my home and I love it. But you can't dispute the facts. Good for you that you are doing well here but almost everyone in my family who has lived here for YEARS are ALL strugging because of the economy...that doesn't make Chicago bad...its just makes it suck for right now.
That's a shame for you and your family. I don't like to hear that people are struggling.

You know how many people ride the CTA per day? And how many of them get robbed?

FYI, Indy has a higher crime rate than Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
As far as I know, Indiana didn't have a spike in housing costs. So their economy in total didn't fall flat like Chicago did.

And I love the City of Chicago...don't get me wrong. But no amount of property tax decrease would get me to subject my children to CPS. And since we wouldn't make enough to pay for private school, it wouldnt even be an option for us. As well as my husband having his own side business that requires us to have a large garage, (meaning we have to have a house) there is no way that you can convince me we would pay less for a house in Chicago than we do in Cary and pay less in prop taxes in Cook than we do in McHenry.
CPS has the best public schools in the state of IL.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:45 PM

27 posts, read 25,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
That's a shame for you and your family. I don't like to hear that people are struggling.

You know how many people ride the CTA per day? And how many of them get robbed?

FYI, Indy has a higher crime rate than Chicago.

I don't know how many people get robbed on the CTA per day...but I used to live in the City, and I was present when someone was robbed on the train...that is all I personally have to see. I would live back in Chicago in a second...but not with kids. Sorry...that just not how I roll.

And Im sure downtown Indy has a comparable crime rate to Chicago...that is why I posted this thread...was to find the "good low crime" areas.

And you aren't helping me with that...and you aren't talking me into staying...so Im not sure why we are still having this conversation.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
CPS has the best public schools in the state of IL.
I beg to differ. And you will find tons of ppl who feel the same way.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:54 PM

3,900 posts, read 1,996,431 times
Quote:
Really, year over year is 12 months. And Indy has lost 1% of it's jobs in 12 months.

Why do you have no doubt that calendar 2011 Indy will grow faster? Six months into the year and job loss is accelerating in Indy.

It's not my data, it's the Federal government's.
Dude honestly stop trolling the Indianapolis/Indiana forums. Im sorry that Chicago is crumbling and loosing population cause of the liberal corruption that runs it and Illinois. Honestly go bother someone else cause as someone said before Chicago will NEVER be like NYC so stop taking it out on others cause you dont have that title. Also Chicago HAS A HIGHER crime rate than Indy there is more than enough said about it and if you dont believe me google the latest info not 5 years ago info. Let this person leave your city in peace cause if they want too they can its called america and freedom for a reason.............

i will also add there is no way you can make a case for Chicago Public Schools so dont try and go there save yourself the embarassment

Old 07-27-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ. And you will find tons of ppl who feel the same way.
Well, then they would be wrong. It's called Northside Prep. Best HS in the state of IL.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Dude honestly stop trolling the Indianapolis/Indiana forums. Im sorry that Chicago is crumbling and loosing population cause of the liberal corruption that runs it and Illinois. Honestly go bother someone else cause as someone said before Chicago will NEVER be like NYC so stop taking it out on others cause you dont have that title. Also Chicago HAS A HIGHER crime rate than Indy there is more than enough said about it and if you dont believe me google the latest info not 5 years ago info. Let this person leave your city in peace cause if they want too they can its called america and freedom for a reason.............

i will also add there is no way you can make a case for Chicago Public Schools so dont try and go there save yourself the embarassment
You again? Look Indy has more violent crime and property crime.

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who mentioned NY?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post

THIS IS NOT A CHICAGO BASHING THREAD! YES I hate Chicago politics...YES CPS sucks....YES the economy stinks right now....but I love love LOVE Chicago...so PLEASE no more chicago bashing or THINKING anyone is bashing Chicago.

Also, NYC is no Chicago....and thank GOD! Chicago is WAY better...No question...but that isn't based on statistics...that is based on personal preference.

So lets all just get along people or I will take down this post.

Thank you all for helping me with the info about the good areas to move in Indy...very helpful info. IF we move, we will check out those areas

Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM

2,749 posts, read 2,153,380 times
Quote:
You again? Look Indy has more violent crime and property crime.

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who mentioned NY?
Statistically yes, Indianapolis has a higher crime rate, but reality, Chicago will probably always be more dangerous than Indianapolis.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Well, then they would be wrong. It's called Northside Prep. Best HS in the state of IL.
Personal preference isn't wrong..its personal preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis