Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:04 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
San Fransisco is insane because they chose to put parks in their city? Could you explain that one to me?

no its not insane cause of that its insane for the liberals that comprise the city. These actually could be called communist more than liberals. SF liberals by far are some of the worst int he country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 06:11 PM
REM

368 posts, read 995,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
ya and another thing i dont get is why are SF liberals coming here and saying they are larger. SF lost its ability to pass Indy in city size after it decided to use the rest of the avaiable land as parks and go down the Insanity liberalism path. Its one thing to be a Liberal its another thing to be a SF insane Liberal.
no, SF lost it's ability to compete with our population when it's school lottery system drove middle class famlies out by the tens of thosands
And what's so wrong with sf elaborate on the so cAlled liberal crazyness?

Old 08-15-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
no, SF lost it's ability to compete with our population when it's school lottery system drove middle class famlies out by the tens of thosands
And what's so wrong with sf elaborate on the so cAlled liberal crazyness?
The Dreaded idiot Nancy Pelosi is all i need to say about SF liberals.take a look at all the potheads and illegals running in the city to get another idea.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:43 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
The Dreaded idiot Nancy Pelosi is all i need to say about SF liberals.take a look at all the potheads and illegals running in the city to get another idea.
For people on the west coast or other parts of the country who think everyone in Indiana thinks like this, we don't. Please don't judge all of us by these types of posts.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:05 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
The GOP has its share of idiots, too (And I reside in a district served by one of them). Let's not get overly political.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
The GOP has its share of idiots, too (And I reside in a district served by one of them). Let's not get overly political.
I agree no party is perfect but sadly in American politics you have to pick the lesser of two evils (The Gop are the lesser *Most* of the time) however recently the Tea Party was formed i like them in many ways however they are being to radical on our debt. The debt crisis isnt going to be fixed for 10+ years. I would start today by cutting waste in the government especially programs like Shrimp Running on treadmills are you kidding me?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:22 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,274 times
Quote:
I would take Nancy Pelosi over our home grown idiot Mike Pence any day!

Old 08-17-2011, 11:04 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,959 times
Quote:
Indy is the 12th largest city in the US rather you like it or not
I'm not saying San Francisco is larger in population within its city limits. Its about 800K. Its metro area is at its smallest definition 5 million. At its largest 7 million. That gives it significantly more economic clout than its "city limits" population ordinarily would. What I'm saying is a city like Indianapolis is kind of an artificial construct when you say its 900K. That merger with most of Marion County caused it to grow 56% in one decade (from 476K to 744K from 1960 to 1970). Of course it didn't "grow" that much - the city limits just expanded to cover a bunch of already developed suburban area.

An illustration using my state's capital city should put it in perspective. Sacramento city has a little under 500,000 people. If it merged with Sacramento County (which is just slightly larger in physical size than Marion) it would jump to almost 1,500,000 million and could bill itself as the "7th largest city in the US". Of course its not.

I'm not slamming Indianapolis - its one of the most dynamic cities in the US at the moment and certainly one of the biggest centers of growth in the Midwest. Aslo, the Unigov idea helped it in many ways and other older cities should have done something similar (like St. Louis, Baltimore, Cleveland, Minneapolis and St. Paul). I'm just saying that regardless what happens within the two city limits, its not "bigger" than Detroit and never will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Now now broad, they can come here just like we can go there and post.
And the San Francisco (and California) forums get it with both barrels from folks who don't live there on a regularly basis. Its all good - we can take it.

Last edited by jeffredo; 08-17-2011 at 11:13 AM..

Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,980,930 times
SF is great major city "right now" but also was Baltimore in 1840 as it was the nation's 2nd largest city (after NYC) and New Orleans was 3rd. Charleston,SC was the 5th largest. These cities didn't take up much land but there were limitations. Indy doesn't have those kind of geographical limitations. Just look at LA or Dallas. However, over time changes to cities have evolved.....who ever thought back then that LA would be the 2nd largest city in the country today...none, because they would argue that Baltimore would be greater than LA. The people at time time would think your crazy if you said LA. You just never know what may happen in the future but as of "now" it seems like Indy has a very bright future when it comes to growth without over regulation and taxation killing it that you see in some of the other cities. In order for the city to grow you gotta have jobs and jobs is what grows a tax base. What causes more jobs...the economic policies that make it friendlier to do business in that city. You threaten a business with more taxes and over regulation they will simply shut the doors and head somewhere else leaving behind a vacant building with more people without work...and yes...less tax payer base. Indy kind of reminds me of Atlanta during the 70's when it was growing. It may not get the Olympics but the Super Bowl is coming. You just never know what the future holds for the city.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 AM

1,608 posts, read 2,015,383 times
Indy acts like this ONE time SuperBowl hosting is the savior of the city. It's going to happen only once. Yes it'll be a nice one time boost, but you guys act like it's going to make us like some "big city".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis