Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:20 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,443 times

Advertisements

If you are working in 46278, then the safest and actually the closest community is Zionsville. Surprised no one has recommended it.

Check out Hunters Point - Englert Management
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 09:09 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,095,154 times
Zionsville is certainly nice, but does not have a high Asian Indian population as far as I know (compared to Carmel, Westfield, Fishers)...which was one of her criteria.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:10 PM

4 posts, read 33,280 times
thanks every1 4 ur help... we rented n apt in Carmel ...

Old 09-16-2007, 11:49 PM

8 posts, read 40,454 times
Wink indianapolis

no place in indianapolis is crime free... even those of us living nearby know to lock everything up, walk fast, and dont stare.... be smart and drive in from a good save area like brownsburg, pittsboro, crawfordsville, lebanon, etc.... these are all medium sized cities without the crime and the small commute is well worth being able to sleep at night.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 AM

2 posts, read 14,041 times
Hi Dimple
I M In The Same Situation As U R..will Soon Be Landing In Indiannapolis...so Was Wondering Tht U Can Be The Best Person To Help As Have Resently Gone Through The Face And Can Give The Best Comparision Of The Places And Living Condition...my Husband's Office Will Be Situated In Zipcode 46250..looking Forward For A Response

Last edited by domergurl; 09-28-2007 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: I'm sorry, but this message is incomprehensible .. can you edit please?

Old 10-01-2007, 05:18 AM

308 posts, read 1,041,765 times
I would recommend checking out Carmel and Westfield. I know many wonderful Indian families in both of those areas. I live in Westfield and highly recommend it - - it's safe, diverse, and close/easy access to Indpls.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:15 PM

203 posts, read 561,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cma47940 View Post
no place in indianapolis is crime free... even those of us living nearby know to lock everything up, walk fast, and dont stare.... be smart and drive in from a good save area like brownsburg, pittsboro, crawfordsville, lebanon, etc.... these are all medium sized cities without the crime and the small commute is well worth being able to sleep at night.
Is it really that bad in Indy? What are you comparing it to? When I have been there (and lived there) it seemed a bit bland (6 years ago); nice but a bit bland but never unsafe.

Has somehing changed?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 PM

57 posts, read 236,180 times
It's still bland. Just with bullets.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 PM

554 posts, read 2,501,129 times
Homicides are down 22%

However, aggrivated assults are up 33%, robberies 21%, and home burglarier up 19%.

"But even with a larger police force, the need for community involvement would still be great. Community groups and individuals can lend vital aid to schools, where mentoring a child can help deter delinquency. Churches and other religious institutions can aid struggling families with physical, spiritual and social needs. Something as simple as helping to keep yards and streets free of trash sends a message to criminals that someone in the neighborhood cares, and may be watching."

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...=2007709290385

You can't always rely on police to change things. Police aren't commiting the crimes (usually). People need to form neighborhood associations & let criminals know they're not wanted.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 AM

47 posts, read 163,335 times
Hello! I live out in Brownsburg and have a home for sale in a neighborhood that is close to the 46278 area. I used to work in an office park near 71st street and 465 which had 46278 as it's zip code. Perhaps this is where your husband's office will be?? It's a pretty large office park. My commute to there from my house was a gorgeous 15 minute drive on roads that go around a beautiful park (Eagle Creek). My neighborhood is very diverse with a ton of different ethnicities in it: Black, White, Indian, Hispanic, Young, Old, Single, Married, Kids, No Kids. That's one of my favorite things about it.
It's a newer middle class neighborhood in a great school district (Brownsburg schools has been rated one of the best in the state), and is in close proximity to shopping in Brownsburg and Avon, and is about a 20 minute drive to some of the best shopping in the city (Downtown's Circle Center Mall and the North Side's Fashion Mall where there's a saks, nordstrom, etc).
Here is a link to my home listing and I have more photos available if you'd like to see them!

Last edited by domergurl; 10-14-2007 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: please pm the for sale information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis