Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,442 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody,

I am moving to Indy with my girlfriend pending my next job interview. I like to stay ahead of the ball game so I would like to find the best place to live. We are both in our early 20's and my gf will be looking to attend a grad school there. I would be working in Lawrence and having dealt with metro traffic in NJ, commuting 30 minutes or so won't be a problem.

I have been looking all over the internet but I haven't exactly what I am looking for. We have been searching for nice apartments within downtown preferably a loft/townhome and looking to spend around $1500/ month in rent. I have also explored the communities of Fishers look at homes to rent and have found some interesting places. I am in need of some expertise and opinions.

I would just like some suggestions on an area to settle down and maybe some specific names of apartment complexes. Any help would be great thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 12:38 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
At 1500 a month you can find almost anything you want in the city. Downtown has some nice areas. Getting to lawrence will not be a problem. I wouldnt live east side near lawrence. Its a little tough around there.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:18 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
At 1500 a month you can find almost anything you want in the city. Downtown has some nice areas. Getting to lawrence will not be a problem. I wouldnt live east side near lawrence. Its a little tough around there.
Fort Benjamin Harrison and areas north of there are nice. Still, if you're willing to spend $1,500/month and want to be closer to nightlife, I would focus on downtown. Maybe Broad Ripple, but there aren't a lot of condos/townhomes in that area.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:36 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
1500$ a month? Well first thing youll notice is the cost of living and housing is very affordable here in Indy heck as mike said 1500$ is enough to buy nice condos downtown

Old 09-15-2011, 06:30 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I'd live downtown!

Old 09-17-2011, 12:24 PM

Also i think because of Mayor Greg Ballard there is a new condo/apartment complex going up downtown.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Also i think because of Mayor Greg Ballard there is a new condo/apartment complex going up downtown.
Where?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Where?
south side by Eli Lily area not sure what the name is or if its a condo i know its just a development. its been awile since it was announced i probably could dig through the internet (No Anti-Virus Software thats updated and not expired so nope). But ill see if anyone knows what i am talking about.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:45 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
south side by Eli Lily area not sure what the name is or if its a condo i know its just a development. its been awile since it was announced i probably could dig through the internet (No Anti-Virus Software thats updated and not expired so nope). But ill see if anyone knows what i am talking about.
You're saying "CityWay" is being built because of Ballard?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
You're saying "CityWay" is being built because of Ballard?
Yes lol the Mayor has the power to approve stuff like that. He is not to bad i have to say and getting some neglected parts of Indy under control. The RebuildIndy thing is honestly needed because some roads haven't be repaved since the 1970s yes 1970S 70S! Also i am amazed at how well he works with Mitch Daniels to land investments for the city. Heck Project Lead the Way is moving to Indy now cause of his team. Some Bad Things about Ballard and Good things just like most Politicians all in all i think he deserves atleast 1 more term and if he does good in the next 4 years (Usually takes 8 years to find out if your a Good Mayor or not) he can get reelected again and ill wait to run for Mayor until he is out and a democrat is in. (Can't Trust Democrats in general. i can count with 1 hand how many i trust the most out of democrats)
SustainIndy program is also a nice managable way to help the city environmentally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis