U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-24-2007, 12:15 AM

12 posts, read 31,414 times

Advertisements

Anyone have an opinion whether west clay or stonegate is preferable? I like west clay better, but the hugeness of carmel schools bothers me. Zionsville school size seems more manageable (but still large IMHO), but Stonegate seems a bit behind west clay in terms of development. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 02:25 AM

79 posts, read 342,611 times
Disney Land

Old 08-24-2007, 04:18 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,239,974 times
I frequent both areas, though I don't know anyone that lives there. Our wonderful dentist is in West Clay and with orthodontics, we are there monthly. I've walked around etc.

This is just my opinion...

1. I'm all about Zionsville schools. I had a personal court case six years ago and had to do my own research of school districts in central Indiana. I won, of coarse, because Zionsville consistently is in the top five public school district in the state. So is Carmel, but they are breaking at the seams. You couldn't drag daughter and I out of here. She's a junior and I sleep well at night knowing she had the best. So Stonegate here.

2. I would also choose Stonegate because of lot size. I know West Clay has a couple areas with larger lot sizes, but for the most part the houses are right on top of each other.

3. I would also choose Stonegate because of it's close proximity to the expressway....Indy and Chicago access. West Clay is out in the middle of no where.

4. The only problem I see with Stonegate is that with the Anson development, there will be a lot of construction outside of Stonegate for a few years.

Other than that, beautiful homes in both. I love the replica architecture of both developments.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:57 AM

17,605 posts, read 25,200,243 times
We stayed out of Carmel for the same reason you did. I vote Stonegate.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:23 PM

12 posts, read 31,414 times
Default thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice. You have confirmed what I was thinking about Carmel v. Zionsville schools. Carmel High School is larger than the college I attended. Zionsville is big too, by my standards, but less so obviously. If I didn't have kids, we'd probably end up inside the beltway in a more established, less artificial feeling neighborhood. But the schools there seem iffy, especially in relation to how much you pay in RE taxes.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:43 PM

3,632 posts, read 4,689,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminooo View Post
Disney Land
Are you still looking down on us "suburban" people who don't live in "real" neighborhoods with "real" people?? Even after you got your property taxes in your "WONDERFUL" neighborhood??!! Come up and visit sometime, we're not really bad people, I bet you'd have a good time and may even not hate us as much. Cheers to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis