Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 09:17 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times

Advertisements

This Thread will be used for Updates and news etc. on Super Bowl 46.
So far how do you think the city has prepared for this? what do you think should be done in a last minute fix to make sure this Super Bowl goes smoothly.
Besides all the construction in Downtown
*Georgia Street lol* What other areas do you think need to be worked on before the big game?
This is our chance to shine and show the world we are a World Class City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 09:29 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
This Thread will be used for Updates and news etc. on Super Bowl 46.
So far how do you think the city has prepared for this? what do you think should be done in a last minute fix to make sure this Super Bowl goes smoothly.
Besides all the construction in Downtown
*Georgia Street lol* What other areas do you think need to be worked on before the big game?
This is our chance to shine and show the world we are a World Class City
Pam Am Plaza.

Other than that, while I understand the former Nordstrom and Borders spaces can be used for SB events, I'd hope we'd know by the SB what is going to replace those merchants.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:33 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Here is an update. Vollrath Tavern in the Sacred Heart neighborhood closed this week, the owners sold out to a catering company who wants the space for the Super Bowl. I hope this does not become a trend. World class cities don't ***** out their cores for a one time event.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Here is an update. Vollrath Tavern in the Sacred Heart neighborhood closed this week, the owners sold out to a catering company who wants the space for the Super Bowl. I hope this does not become a trend. World class cities don't ***** out their cores for a one time event.
But that's on a private owner, not the city. I have to figure the Vollrath was barely scraping by, so the owner decided to take the one-time cash infusion.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:44 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
But that's on a private owner, not the city. I have to figure the Vollrath was barely scraping by, so the owner decided to take the one-time cash infusion.
I know, and good for the owners. They are in a place where they no longer owe anyone money, which is one of the reasons they sold out.

I just hope this doesn't become a trend. What are we supposed to do with all those empty spaces in March?

Sorry, don't mean to sound contrarian.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,548 times
You use the SB to help fill the vacancies downtown. Think of it as the world's largest marketing tool. You pull it off correctly, there will be companies/people looking at your city. You screw up well...

One of the glaring things that will be noticed for those not staying downtown is Indy's lack of public transportation. Another to be noticed is how unlike a lot of cities, everything sb related are within mere blocks from each other which is just a quick walk either outside or via skyway so that will be positive.

One of the things that irk me is reading the starnews comments from the people who are negative about any and everything there is to be negative about. Is the city spending money; uh yes! Any SB city is going to spend money as it has to market itself favorably to the masses. You have to spend money to make it and this is a huge opportunity to showcase what the city has to offer which could turn into jobs desperately need from shore to shore at this point.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
One of the glaring things that will be noticed for those not staying downtown is Indy's lack of public transportation.
The same thing is true of most Super Bowl host cities.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:51 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I know, and good for the owners. They are in a place where they no longer owe anyone money, which is one of the reasons they sold out.

I just hope this doesn't become a trend. What are we supposed to do with all those empty spaces in March?

Sorry, don't mean to sound contrarian.
Well Toxic for your Detroit Lions i actually want to see them go to the SB alongside either the Jets or Texans.
Detroit though would fit perfectly for NFC its 5 hours away atleast which is a good enough distance for most people to come and to stick around. Well also showing that the Lions CAN prove better than a 0-16 season.
Starting off with 5 wins in a row is amazing turnaround for any team and i know the Lions have the skill to go. Question is will they apply themselves or throw in the towel?
Its in Detroits hands if they try hard enough i have no doubt they are SB ready.
For the AFC i want to see a team like the Jets cause that would bring NYC to Indy which would be perfect
Also sadly the colts are out of the question for SB so maybe next season

Old 11-01-2011, 08:31 AM

10 posts, read 32,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
For the AFC i want to see a team like the Jets cause that would bring NYC to Indy which would be perfect
Agreed. Go Jets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis