Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,981 times

Advertisements

I'm about to start the official "search" for a condo. I've been looking from afar and now want to get my feet wet.

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has to offer. I'm generally looking, for now at least, at the downtown area overall. There isn't much in the core downtown and I'm wondering if anyone has resided in one of the downtown buildings amidst the office towers. It seems very deserted there on weekends and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with empty streets.

The other area is generally around Mass Ave. Maybe even on the Ave. Any insights about living in the area would be greatly appreciated. Noise levels, security, crime, etc...

I appreciate it. I look forward to hearing your feedback. I'd really like to hear from those who have actual experiences or know someone who does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 04:11 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,479,707 times
If you are single there is a condo on Mass Ave that is great. Check flockrealty.com. I did not even know it was there. Mass Ave. is very quiet because the traffic flows slowly. Lot of people parking and pulling back and stop lights. There are also not too many bars so there is less rowdiness.

There is a brand new condo building on St. Joseph that is very interesting. Great windows and balconies and they just advertised. 159,000 to 199.000. jeverhart.com has the listing. I like it because it is mostly concrete construction instead of a huge amount of plywood. parking is not underground but on the first floor. Good views of downtown and a quiet neighbor who is a security firm. Check out his red Nomad in the garage.

I really like the condos at 54th and College. Great exciting area and a beautifully restored building. Same price range.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:12 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,479,707 times
ps I live about 2 blocks from the ones on St. Joseph if you have any questions. I walk to work every day and love the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis