Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:43 PM

3 posts, read 3,308 times

Advertisements

my husband and i are planning to move to indy in july. very interested in staying in the washington township area, but need to know how are the rental prices for townhouses or renting a home. Plus, i heard it is easy to find a job, is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 10:21 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlylarry View Post
my husband and i are planning to move to indy in july. very interested in staying in the washington township area, but need to know how are the rental prices for townhouses or renting a home. Plus, i heard it is easy to find a job, is that true?
yes its probably easy to find a job but that depends on what kind of jobs your open too and B how much education you have.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:33 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,150,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlylarry View Post
Prices tend to vary dependent upon how close to the Hamilton county line you are but check out craigslist and apartments.com to see the asking price for the varying areas within Washington Township. As far as finding a job, it would be better to have a job before you move but that's with any place. I would suggest you visit the city a few times and traverse the entire city to get a feel for what you feel comfortable with as far as neighborhoods. Gary and Indianapolis are night and day. There are subtle things you'll notice like the lack of sidewalks or basements esp. out in the townships and vast differences such as QOL, crime and people interaction. There's a lot of people from the steel city here so you can find some comfort and familiarity and it definitely helps at times.

Caution though, terrible terrible drivers here.

Last edited by msamhunter; 01-06-2012 at 04:14 AM..

Old 01-06-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Prices tend to vary dependent upon how close to the Hamilton county line you are but check out craigslist and apartments.com to see the asking price for the varying areas within Washington Township. As far as finding a job, it would be better to have a job before you move but that's with any place. I would suggest you visit the city a few times and traverse the entire city to get a feel for what you feel comfortable with as far as neighborhoods. Gary and Indianapolis are night and day. There are subtle things you'll notice like the lack of sidewalks or basements esp. out in the townships and vast differences such as QOL, crime and people interaction. There's a lot of people from the steel city here so you can find some comfort and familiarity and it definitely helps at times.

Caution though, terrible terrible drivers here.
Msamhunter i usually agree with all your post but honestly terrible drivers?
lol Michigan and Illinois have terrible drivers.
Always speeding and passing you doing like 15+ over the speed limit.
Talk about reckless.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:55 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Msamhunter i usually agree with all your post but honestly terrible drivers?
lol Michigan and Illinois have terrible drivers.
Always speeding and passing you doing like 15+ over the speed limit.
Talk about reckless.
Talk about efficient is more like it. I hate how some people here drive 60 on the freeways. In Chicago, if the traffic isn't bad, you'll see a large number of people going 80 on the freeways. I only dream of that for Indianapolis...

Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Talk about efficient is more like it. I hate how some people here drive 60 on the freeways. In Chicago, if the traffic isn't bad, you'll see a large number of people going 80 on the freeways. I only dream of that for Indianapolis...
Ya but thats dangerous.
The Faster you go the HIGHER THE CHANCE OF DEATH!
we all know this hence why more crashes in Chicago are Lethal cause if your crashing at 80 MPH then theres not much hope.
Personally ill be driving on I-465 soon and when doing that ill be doing 65 MPH. Now granted Indy is smaller than Chicago but going 65 MPH is more than enough considering the speed limit is 55.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:50 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,150,626 times
Quote:
Ya but thats dangerous.
The Faster you go the HIGHER THE CHANCE OF DEATH!
we all know this hence why more crashes in Chicago are Lethal cause if your crashing at 80 MPH then theres not much hope.
Personally ill be driving on I-465 soon and when doing that ill be doing 65 MPH. Now granted Indy is smaller than Chicago but going 65 MPH is more than enough considering the speed limit is 55.
Now why would you be doing 65 when the speed limit is 55 from the loop inward? Just yesterday, I got stuck behind someone doing 45 in a 55 on 465. Road Rage was creeping up

Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
If you are doing 55 or below in the left lane of 465 under normal conditions, your driver's license should be revoked.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
If you are doing 55 or below in the left lane of 465 under normal conditions, your driver's license should be revoked.
Yep.
Speed limit should be increased to 60-65 for the left lanes.
Slower Traffic KEEP RIGHT!
hard to understand for some.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,308 times
Quote:
yes its probably easy to find a job but that depends on what kind of jobs your open too and B how much education you have.

Thanks for the information. We saw where they were having a job fair at the end of march and we were planning to check it out. are the job fairs down there pretty decent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis