Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 AM

583 posts, read 880,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
My co-workers in Boston care; they remind me of such all the time.
They remind you how you lost to a much better team and QB and how your one win of note against that far superior was the most crooked game in NFL history. The Colts look up at the Patriots. That's what they rub into your wounds.

Let's hope the Colts don't pipe in crowd noise when the Pats have the ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 07:37 AM

8,940 posts, read 17,164,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHenry View Post
They remind you how you lost to a much better team and QB and how your one win of note against that far superior was the most crooked game in NFL history. The Colts look up at the Patriots. That's what they rub into your wounds.
They engage in good-natured banter. They don't suffer from a low self-esteem and dump cold water over all things Indianapolis. It is true that the Pats have gotten the better of the Colts over the past decade, and I have a healthy respect for the Patriots.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:05 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,123,035 times
I used to hit the Globe forums all the time and trust me, it was a rivalry. Even when the Colts and Pats weren't playing each other the Colts name ALWAYS came up.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,475,908 times
Quote:
New Yorkers are far more demanding than Bostonians.
Codespeak for, "NYers are bigger d-bags"??

Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:

Let's hope the Colts don't pipe in crowd noise when the Pats have the ball.
You don't even your facts straight. The Colts were accused of piping in crowd noise vs. the Steelers in the 2005 regular season. In the AFCCG vs. the Pats, they were accused of turning up the heat in the RCA Dome (after a week in which several Pats players had come down with the flu). I'm sure that's why the Pats choked away a 21-3 lead.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Codespeak for, "NYers are bigger d-bags"??
Just people who know better and don't take whatever they're given.

Good time for Indy to learn how things are supposed to be.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Just people who know better and don't take whatever they're given.

Good time for Indy to learn how things are supposed to be.
I've been to NY and Boston and didn't find the service quality to be any different.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
You don't even your facts straight. The Colts were accused of piping in crowd noise vs. the Steelers in the 2005 regular season. In the AFCCG vs. the Pats, they were accused of turning up the heat in the RCA Dome (after a week in which several Pats players had come down with the flu). I'm sure that's why the Pats choked away a 21-3 lead.
The Colts piped in crowd noise in lots of games. That was standard practice. They jacked with the heat in several games, as well.

The Colts had one tainted season that gave them a phony title. That well known tainted season and Manning's stats being built on phony PI calls will forever keep Manning from being recognized as one of the greats

Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
The Colts piped in crowd noise in lots of games. That was standard practice.
Is your real name Ed Bouchette?

I take it you know this from first-hand experience?

Old 01-23-2012, 09:42 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,123,035 times
Quote:
The Colts piped in crowd noise in lots of games. That was standard practice. They jacked with the heat in several games, as well.

The Colts had one tainted season that gave them a phony title. That well known tainted season and Manning's stats being built on phony PI calls will forever keep Manning from being recognized as one of the greats
Wow, that's standard practice. Funny. The dome was set at one temperature, 70 if I'm not mistaken and never deviated. I'm sure the HVAC installers purposely put it in to give off false readings. Geez, any proof to back anything up? The one thing we DO know is Boston got CAUGHT cheating and let us not forget the Rodney Harrison fake injury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis