Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:37 AM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times

Advertisements

Even for a Super Bowl!

NFL: Indy Hosts Smallest Super Bowl In 20 Years - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

One and done Naptown, won't happen again.

I'm disappointed the NFL lowered its standards by coming here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Even for a Super Bowl!

NFL: Indy Hosts Smallest Super Bowl In 20 Years - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Give me a break and take your negativity somewhere else where people actually give a damn.
Negative Negative really is there anything better that you can provide?

Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
Quote:
Even for a Super Bowl!

Indianapolis made a great presentation, and Roger Goodell said he was impressed with the enthusiasm of the community. Jim Irsay is well respected by the other owners, and I am sure that helped.

Remember, Indianapolis lost by just two votes to Dallas for the 2011 Superbowl.

It also hinged on the building of the amazing Lucas Oil Stadium. The experience of this area with handling major sporting events like the 500 and Final Four helped as well. And the NFL Scouting Combine is held here every year.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Indianapolis made a great presentation, and Roger Goodell said he was impressed with the enthusiasm of the community. Jim Irsay is well respected by the other owners, and I am sure that helped.

Remember, Indianapolis lost by just two votes to Dallas for the 2011 Superbowl.

It also hinged on the building of the amazing Lucas Oil Stadium. The experience of this area with handling major sporting events like the 500 and Final Four helped as well. And the NFL Scouting Combine is held here every year.
Exactly and i bet Indianapolis will host another Super Bowl in the future.
Maybe in 10 years or so.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 AM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times
You call it negative, I call it like I see it. The NUMBERS prove it. You can keep your head in the sand, but it is what it is. And like I've said before, there will NOT be another Super Bowl here, period! Why would they do that? Remember, the NFL is a business out to make money. Less people means less money.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
You call it negative, I call it like I see it. The NUMBERS prove it. You can keep your head in the sand, but it is what it is. And like I've said before, there will NOT be another Super Bowl here, period! Why would they do that? Remember, the NFL is a business out to make money. Less people means less money.
Not necessary you forget advertising and TV.
Also your past on the forums proves what i was saying about all the negativity about Indianapolis.
If you don't like it here then please leave.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:32 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,548 times
Quote:
Seeing as how the game hasn't even been played, you have no numbers. The numbers we do have is all hotel rooms booked solid and people getting paid premium renting out houses and rooms for the event.

If you don't like Indianapolis, leave. I'm sure you are a United States citizen and can live in any of the 50 states and Puerto Rico like the rest of us. Cincy and Louisville are down the road, Chicago is up the road and STL and CBus are around the way.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:48 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Last time I checked this was an open forum, and people are free to express their opinions or state facts as they know them. Rather childish to suggest some one leave because of a differing opinion. Some of us call it being realistic or viewing something from multiple perspectives.

Based upon my experience on Friday night in Broad Ripple and the Northside, Indianapolis IS NOT ready for a weather event during SuperBowl. We left a club around midnight, drove on Kessler over to Meridian and north near 465. I realize this was a bit of unusual weather, but it had been sleeting, snowing, or whatever that stuff was for a few hours. It was pretty evident no snow plows or salt trucks had been through the area at all. We ended up driving down the middle of the lanes on Meridian as there was little traffic. These are major areas and roads visitors will travel, not some side streets. Pretty pitiful, and this is the kind of thing that leaves a MAJOR impression upon visitors.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Seeing as how the game hasn't even been played, you have no numbers. The numbers we do have is all hotel rooms booked solid and people getting paid premium renting out houses and rooms for the event.

If you don't like Indianapolis, leave. I'm sure you are a United States citizen and can live in any of the 50 states and Puerto Rico like the rest of us. Cincy and Louisville are down the road, Chicago is up the road and STL and CBus are around the way.
THANK YOU! and this is why Msam is awsome

Also Rrah Weather is like rolling Dice.
Dallas was unlucky last year and got slammed by an ice storm along with nearly half the country.
But Dallas does not have much snow equipment and even 3-4 days later they were still clearing Ice out.
Indianapolis has the snow equipment and knows what to do incase of an event and plus the weather is looking nice atm so i am watching the Forecast closely to see if we need our snow equipment.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
REM

368 posts, read 994,861 times
Quote:
It seems you didn't read your own article, The low amount of people traveling here seems to be due to the low amount of seating available, not for not enough people wanting to travel to Indy. Secondly, you're not counting all the people from the surrounding areas and cities willing to just travel down for the celebration. Thirdly, you need to stop hating on your own city, the only reason indy isn't a "in-demand" destination for the super bowl is because of the horrible weather in February. The NFL is very prejudiced when it comes to giving Super Bowls to cities with warmer weather climates, which will more than likely change once northern cities get it together and stop this discrimination.

Why shouldn't Indy get a Super Bowl? We have a great stadium, Enough hotel space, Plenty to do within the mile square, and are easily accessible through road and air. BTW we are expected to make between 300-400 million all together when the super bowl is all said and done which is about the average amount any host city makes. Get your facts straight You really look like dumb other wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis