Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Says the guy with over 4,000 posts on an internet forum, lol.
Quite happy in my committed relationship, so no need to look around, troll. Plus, some of us are capable of multi-tasking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Broadripleyguy not only lives in Indianapolis....

He IS Indianapolis.
If you're going to troll, at least pay attention. BRG doesn't live in Indy. He resides in the Michiana region.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:20 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
If you're going to troll, at least pay attention. BRG doesn't live in Indy. He resides in the Michiana region.
owning a troll on City-Data.com: Priceless.
Granitestalker thanks for just verifying what i said.
Kansas city is not worth visiting ever.
Thanks!

Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Broadripleyguy not only lives in Indianapolis....

He IS Indianapolis.
BRGuy lives in South Bend. He has never lived in or near Indianapolis, best I can tell. In fact, when asked, he says "I've been through there many times." Whatever that means.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
owning a troll on City-Data.com: Priceless.
Granitestalker thanks for just verifying what i said.
Kansas city is not worth visiting ever.
Thanks!
KC is very much worth visiting. Don't be so harsh.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:45 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,752,654 times
He dreams of Indianapolis then, lol. BRG doesn't need to live in Indianapolis. He IS Indianapolis. Bring out the troll comments now, lol, it's entertaining.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,752,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Oh, you mean the plastic, pretentious, and snobby ones. Way too high maintenance
You're right, women with yellowed teeth about 30 pounds overweight are much more appealing. At least they're "down to earth".

Old 02-21-2012, 06:44 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Quote:
You're right, women with yellowed teeth about 30 pounds overweight are much more appealing. At least they're "down to earth".
As far as your comment about women in KC being better looking, I'd have to say it is about average for the Midwest. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway.

While I do agree that there are a fair number of attractive women here, the attitude they possess is a real turn off. Most are quite shallow and superficial and IMO, not worth knowing. A lot of the women here also seem quite manly and beefily built when compared to the preppie and more refined type of women I am accustomed to being around and have dated in New England.

I come from Connecticut and looks are often times the reason a guy and a gal get together. Personality, character and sharing hobbies and interests are also important. It is no accident that the New England states have the lowest divorce rates in the country while the Midwest is higher. Trying to build a relationship with a member of the opposite sex based solely upon looks is foolish and I suspect this is the primary reason there is so much domestic violence in the KC area. People don't have the right foundation in place with their significant other to build and maintain a healthy relationship.

There are lots of lard laden lasses in MO and KS too. The KC area typically makes the top ten for fattest cities in more than one study. I don't believe Indy ever makes this list. An example follows.

Kansas City, MO: Men's Health.com

A guy in his late 20's that used to do some work for me at my house said the people in the KC region are about one to two generations behind the people of New England and the Northeast. I agree. I have a terrible time relating to the women in my own age bracket here and don't want to go out with them.

In a nutshell. I'd rather date an average looking woman that shares some of the same hobbies and interests as I. And I'd also rather date someone personality and a moral compass than the kind of women that are interested in me in KC. Mostly Frau Linkmeyer types that could probably beat me up. Not my type. A few of the non native women aka transplants from other states I've met here seem OK but most are married or attached. Some of the 20 somethings don't have as much baggage as the women over 35 and they are the only women even worth seeing here.

So yes, while there may be some pretty attractive women here, I don't think there are more per capita than Indy. I've found the best thing to do is not waste my time with their kind out here. They don't like me and I am not too fond of them either. I don't like phonies. I should stick with someone from my own socioeconomic background instead of trying to find a fake, shallow southern California wannabe type of women which dominate this area.

I've never dated any women in Indy but I have noted at least the younger women there are quite a bit friendlier than they are in the Kansas City area. The older women are not all that friendly which is just like KC (except for the beasts that have hit on me) but that suits me just fine.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:55 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Quote:
Bring out the troll comments now, lol, it's entertaining.
I prefer the "Narnian" comments!! Or are you tired of using your new word?

Old 02-21-2012, 07:00 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Oh, you mean the plastic, pretentious, and snobby ones. Way too high maintenance

I am a former Kansas City area resident...

I will not move back there nor do I want to get sucked into a negative vortex that is Kansas City.
Yup. I get a kick out of these women in KC. They treat me like I am some kind of zit. They don't even know that I come not only from a pretty affluent background in New England but also that I have family and friends that went to Ivy League schools and have a couple of friends in some pretty important positions in the Federal government. I've learned to ignore them and don't waste my time trying to talk to them.

Your comment about the negative vortex here is interesting. I have a friend from Alabama and he and his wife (from Nebraska) said the same thing among other things (also call the people in the KC area a bunch of NAZIS and stupid). They now live in Washington State near Portland, OR and like the positive, welcoming attitude of the people. I too have noticed the "negative, can't do" attitude here. When I contacted several area communities about starting up my peanut whistle radio station, they either laughed at it or essentially would not give me the time of day. In contrast, when I have contacted cities and towns in other states I've met with Mayor's, City Councilmen, City Administrators and Director's from the local Chamber of Commerce. The way I see it, I don't need to waste my time talking to the morons in the KC area when I can go to another area, including central Indiana and find people that will talk to me and welcome me.

As soon as I have enough money saved up, I will relocate. I may transfer to Indy with my current employer just as long as the mess my brother has with his ex diminishes in the next few months. I should be out of the KC area at the end of this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis