Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,150,105 times

Advertisements

Protesters Plan Super Bowl Disruption Over Right-To-Work - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis (http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30352846/detail.html - broken link)

Can I call it or can I call it! What a joke. First and foremost people, rights and liberties are not absolute despite what any of you think. Your rights end when what you are doing starts to infringe upon the rights of someone else. Therefore, they do NOT have the right to block access for people trying to gain access to LOS. Security there is deemed to be on the same level as the White House right now so I'm sure plenty of arrests and a trip down the street to a cell with Tiny will be happening.

There are plenty of laws on the books that a lot of us do not agree with, but it's law and do we throw temper tantrums and b%tch fits over it especially after the fact? No. You man/woman up, put on the big drawls and go on about your business.

Democrats have long been nothing more than poverty pimps preying on the fears of the perceived underclass. The City of Indianapolis is not responsible for RTW. The thousands of people who are shelling out money and lots of it to be able to enjoy this event, did NOT have anything to do with RTW and should be able to enjoy their visit . You want to complain and protest, keep it up at the state house where it was handled. Take it to the Governors Mansion, take it to the GOP offices. A lot of us are paying good money to enjoy ourselves and don't want see you cry like a two year old all while infringing upon my right to have a good time unabated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM

583 posts, read 884,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Protesters Plan Super Bowl Disruption Over Right-To-Work - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis (http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30352846/detail.html - broken link)

Can I call it or can I call it! What a joke. First and foremost people, rights and liberties are not absolute despite what any of you think. Your rights end when what you are doing starts to infringe upon the rights of someone else. Therefore, they do NOT have the right to block access for people trying to gain access to LOS. Security there is deemed to be on the same level as the White House right now so I'm sure plenty of arrests and a trip down the street to a cell with Tiny will be happening.
This is some of the scariest affirmation of tyranny I've ever read. Liberty and civil rights ALWAYS trump corporate profit. How are people raised to believe differently?

Old 02-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHenry View Post
This is some of the scariest affirmation of tyranny I've ever read. Liberty and civil rights ALWAYS trump corporate profit. How are people raised to believe differently?
Learn rights. It's not tyranny. Rights and liberties are NOT absolute and never have been. Greg YOUR rights end when what YOU are doing start to infringe upon the rights of someone else. Do they have the right to protest peacefully, yes. Do they have the right to block roads and LOS, NO, that is infringing on others right to have access to LOS and public roads. If they stood by peacefully and protested, fine, it's shameful but legal. To block roads and entrances is an infringement on the rights of others. You talk about rights of the protesters. It's more than union people who have rights; did you ever think about that? The people attending the game have the EXACT same rights as union protesters.

You darn right, if a person paid several hundred dollars for a ticket or anything, you better believe that person is going to deem their investment more important than your personal gripe about something that can't be undone. That's called life and you mess with my money you mess with me.

You are in a union, you go on strike, you protest in front of your place of employment. That's fine, you are focusing your efforts on an entity/person(s) that can change your situation. Going down to another establishment with nothing to do with your situation is pointless and can cause irreparable harm to that establishment even though that establishment has nothing to do with your situation. Union workers disrupting a city event, where people are paying their hard earned dollars they've WORKED hard for and have the RIGHT to enjoy doesn't help anyone's cause. Protest at the GOP headquarters, Democratic headquarters, governors mansion, State House are places where it can make a difference (Even though RTW is already signed into law so won't do much). Taking that frustration out on innocent visitors who have absolutely NOTHING to do with this state is nothing but a bully tactic and temper tantrum.

It's the equivalent of union strikers getting physically intimidating towards a scabber as if that scabber just has to follow them. That persons first job is to take care of his/her family period, not the union, not his/her co-workers. His/her kids have to eat and rent has to be paid, not be at the mercy of a group who's protesting. They have the right to protest, that scabber has the right to WORK. It's just that protesters don't think of the rights of others that may not agree with them; only themselves.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Learn rights. It's not tyranny. Rights and liberties are NOT absolute and never have been. Greg YOUR rights end when what YOU are doing start to infringe upon the rights of someone else. Do they have the right to protest peacefully, yes. Do they have the right to block roads and LOS, NO, that is infringing on others right to have access to LOS and public roads. If they stood by peacefully and protested, fine, it's shameful but legal. To block roads and entrances is an infringement on the rights of others. You talk about rights of the protesters. It's more than union people who have rights; did you ever think about that? The people attending the game have the EXACT same rights as union protesters.

You darn right, if a person paid several hundred dollars for a ticket or anything, you better believe that person is going to deem their investment more important than your personal gripe about something that can't be undone. That's called life and you mess with my money you mess with me.

You are in a union, you go on strike, you protest in front of your place of employment. That's fine, you are focusing your efforts on an entity/person(s) that can change your situation. Going down to another establishment with nothing to do with your situation is pointless and can cause irreparable harm to that establishment even though that establishment has nothing to do with your situation. Union workers disrupting a city event, where people are paying their hard earned dollars they've WORKED hard for and have the RIGHT to enjoy doesn't help anyone's cause. Protest at the GOP headquarters, Democratic headquarters, governors mansion, State House are places where it can make a difference (Even though RTW is already signed into law so won't do much). Taking that frustration out on innocent visitors who have absolutely NOTHING to do with this state is nothing but a bully tactic and temper tantrum.

It's the equivalent of union strikers getting physically intimidating towards a scabber as if that scabber just has to follow them. That persons first job is to take care of his/her family period, not the union, not his/her co-workers. His/her kids have to eat and rent has to be paid, not be at the mercy of a group who's protesting. They have the right to protest, that scabber has the right to WORK. It's just that protesters don't think of the rights of others that may not agree with them; only themselves.
Will a response to this hateful and nonsensical political trolling get deleted? I'd rather not waste time on a cutting and incisive response only to see it deleted.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHenry View Post
Will a response to this hateful and nonsensical political trolling get deleted? I'd rather not waste time on a cutting and incisive response only to see it deleted.
Point to one PLACE where that post is hateful.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:29 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
<mod edit for deleted post>

If you don't know why your suggestions of inappropriate punishment and brutality were off base and removed, perhaps it might be wise to study a little history and political science from some legitimate primary sources. I might suggest you begin with the Federalist and Anti-federalist papers.

As to the idea that protesters shouldn't inconvenience others, wow, just wow! I suppose you think the protests at the Boston Tea Party were off-base also because it prevented some one from getting their cup that night?

Scary stuff.

It's also fascinating to me that some have completely ignored the brief mention in the WRTV piece about the role Union workers have played in getting Indianapolis ready for the SB. How many Union workers built LOS? How many made the products to build it? How many built the SB Village? How many are working in the hotels? How many work to protect the crowds? How many are on the field playing the game? The Super Bowl is a prime example of the work of Union Workers. I can't think of a better place to demonstrate than outside of someplace they built? I suppose some would prefer to step on the backs of these men and women to protect their right to a good time.

Last edited by domergurl; 02-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: thank you rrah.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:49 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
<mod edit for deleted post>

If you don't know why your suggestions of inappropriate punishment and brutality were off base and removed, perhaps it might be wise to study a little history and political science from some legitimate primary sources. I might suggest you begin with the Federalist and Anti-federalist papers.

As to the idea that protesters shouldn't inconvenience others, wow, just wow! I suppose you think the protests at the Boston Tea Party were off-base also because it prevented some one from getting their cup that night?

Scary stuff.

It's also fascinating to me that some have completely ignored the brief mention in the WRTV piece about the role Union workers have played in getting Indianapolis ready for the SB. How many Union workers built LOS? How many made the products to build it? How many built the SB Village? How many are working in the hotels? How many work to protect the crowds? How many are on the field playing the game? The Super Bowl is a prime example of the work of Union Workers. I can't think of a better place to demonstrate than outside of someplace they built? I suppose some would prefer to step on the backs of these men and women to protect their right to a good time.
Football players are in the union too.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Football players are in the union too.
That's why he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah
It's also fascinating to me that some have completely ignored the brief mention in the WRTV piece about the role Union workers have played in getting Indianapolis ready for the SB. How many Union workers built LOS? How many made the products to build it? How many built the SB Village? How many are working in the hotels? How many work to protect the crowds? How many [union workers] are on the field playing the game? The Super Bowl is a prime example of the work of Union Workers. I can't think of a better place to demonstrate than outside of someplace they built? I suppose some would prefer to step on the backs of these men and women to protect their right to a good time.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:43 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
rrah! he called you a guy!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:06 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,382 times
There are some fundamental constitutional liberties at stake here. If union members want to demonstrate and protest, then so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: