U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM

3,900 posts, read 2,002,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I have a black friend who went to an (unnamed Italian restaurant in Greenwood) for dinner. He and his wife placed their food order and were waiting. The same waiter was at the next table over taking their food order. I forget how it was brought up, but the waiter and the diners at the table started trading racist jokes using terms like "them blackies." Uproarious laughter at that table at the expense of black folk ensued. My friend and his wife got up and left the restaurant. This was maybe 3 months ago.

I am not saying this represents any type of majority, but a racially harmonious utopia Indiana is not.
Racism is everywhere sadly so ill rephrase what i said so it makes more sense.
Generally speaking hoosiers don't tolorate racism.
Better for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 06:00 PM

220 posts, read 292,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
MOKAN FYI blacks have had a proud history in Indianapolis.
On the night of Martin Luther King Jr's Assassination Indianapolis was THE ONLY major city in the US that DID NOT RIOT! that is major.
Indiana avenue is home to the walker museum. Walker was the first African Millionaire
I personally think Indianapolis is way more welcoming and better for blacks to live in than the south. even 50 years after the Civil Rights movement the south still had that racism left in it.
Indianapolis welcomes any race to our city. Hence why people feel welcome here.
"South" is a very broad term! I question whether this statement is true for all the Southern region. Cities which come to mind are Charlotte, Atlanta, RDU, Nashville and a few others?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:19 PM

5,690 posts, read 6,264,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
"South" is a very broad term! I question whether this statement is true for all the Southern region. Cities which come to mind are Charlotte, Atlanta, RDU, Nashville and a few others?
Whenever I'm in DC or ATL and I see the large black professional class that's flourishing in those cities, I wonder what it'll take to get that here in Indy. We have it to a degree, but not to as much as a degree as those cities.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 PM

3,900 posts, read 2,002,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Blacks in Charlotte have a 25% unemployment rate.
Thats a depression for blacks.
not a recession.
Its a whitemans recession but a black mans depression right now.
And Obama champions the blacks......................
something is wrong with that picture

Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 PM

5,690 posts, read 6,264,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
And Obama champions the blacks......................
Good grief.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 PM

4,145 posts, read 5,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Is that also known as paranoid schizophrenia?
The quality of your stupidity is rising. The people in the KC area are imbeciles.

I should add that it is the people of the KC area that possess these undesirable and mentally deficient attributes in their present mental state. It is THEY who have accused me of doing various things that I have not done and never will do. I've also been labeled numerous times as being a certain type of person which I am not. Essentially when a person is incapable of accurately processing the information at hand to achieve an accurate or correct assessment of a situation or in this case, a person, then I would have to say it is THEY who are card carrying mental defectives.

Last edited by WILWRadio; 02-23-2012 at 09:10 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 PM

3,419 posts, read 2,864,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
The quality of your stupidity is rising. The people in the KC area are imbeciles.

I should add that it is the people of the KC area that possess these undesirable and mentally deficient attributes in their present mental state. It is THEY who have accused me of doing various things that I have not done and never will do. I've also been labeled numerous times as being a certain type of person which I am not. Essentially when a person is incapable of accurately processing the information at hand to achieve an accurate or correct assessment of a situation or in this case, a person, then I would have to say it is THEY who are card carrying mental defectives.
Dude, you have a personal problem. It's not Kansas City. It's you.

Or so it seems. Perhaps there's something you're not saying that could help others see what you're saying. Just what the heck are you talking about in the above quote? Of what have you been accused? What have you been falsely labeled? By whom?

Old 02-23-2012, 10:37 PM

2,246 posts, read 1,406,300 times
I have been to KC hundreds of times. I was just there last week on my way to Excelsior Springs. It's okay to visit but I don't think I could actually live there because it is in a region too isolated for my taste. Indy has closer driving access to more major cities within it's reach as being better positioned as a true cross roads city. I use to live in Missouri but if I had to choose where to live in that state again it would definitely be St louis.

Since someone mentioned roads I have been to all states except for Maine, North Dakota and Nevada. According to my observations Indy has the 2nd best and newest upgraded freeway system after Texas. The huge wide multi lane I-70 that run south of the airport reminded me of being on one of the expansive multi lane Texas freeways you see in Houston or Dallas.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Dude, you have a personal problem. It's not Kansas City. It's you.

Or so it seems. Perhaps there's something you're not saying that could help others see what you're saying. Just what the heck are you talking about in the above quote? Of what have you been accused? What have you been falsely labeled? By whom?
Let's see. I've been accused of stealing by people. I've been accused of doing illicit drugs and I don't. I've been called a homosexual and I'm not. I've been called a nut case by more than one person here. Fact is I saw two separate psychologists in years past when someone told me that I needed help. Well, the ONLY problem I had according to both mental health professionals is that I am an independent thinker and behave accordingly. They said the people with the hangups are going to have to learn to deal with my independent nature.

It just so happens that my cousin's ex wife is married to a guy from St. Louis. He comes from a very prominent family in the St. Louis area. They now live in New Hamster. The last time I visited with them they told me that the people in the KC region had me labeled as being some kind of serious criminal element despite not having one single shred of evidence to support their twisted claims.

The only personal problem I've ever had and can be accused of is being friendly towards these a-holes and then being treated like crap simply because I made some small talk with them. These idiots "think" that if you talk to them that you are after something. This is the ONLY place I've been where if you talk to a woman and say something as simple as "hello" that she thinks you are hitting on her. Countless times one of these delusional creeps has told me that they don't want to go out with me when I am not only not asking them out but barely saying much of anything to them. A guy from Tennessee that I used to work with and I had a brief conversation with a woman from KC about this a few years ago. She confirmed everything I've just said on this matter. She said that her and her friends actually think a guy is hitting on them just because he says "hello" to them.

These people are a lost cause and suffer from paranoid, delusional episodes all because someone like myself that cannot be categorized by their simplistic minds and tries to be a civilized human being with no undesirable intentions. To hell with these people in the KC area...

So yes, I guess I do have a personal problem. I don't like ignorant, imbeciles that see things that don't exist.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
I have been to KC hundreds of times. I was just there last week on my way to Excelsior Springs. It's okay to visit but I don't think I could actually live there because it is in a region too isolated for my taste. Indy has closer driving access to more major cities within it's reach as being better positioned as a true cross roads city. I use to live in Missouri but if I had to choose where to live in that state again it would definitely be St louis.

Since someone mentioned roads I have been to all states except for Maine, North Dakota and Nevada. According to my observations Indy has the 2nd best and newest upgraded freeway system after Texas. The huge wide multi lane I-70 that run south of the airport reminded me of being on one of the expansive multi lane Texas freeways you see in Houston or Dallas.
Yes, the roads in Indy are excellent and very well designed and engineered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis