U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-23-2012, 07:55 AM

4 posts, read 6,117 times
Default Husband's 30th - Celebrate in Indy

My husband's birthday is coming up (next week) and I'm struggling on what we should do. We aren't big fans of bars/clubs. The only thing he said he really wants to do is have dinner up in Indy. So, I'm trying to get ideas of other things we could do, earlier in the day or later that evening. We're open to any place in the city, so location isn't a factor. There will be about eight of us total.

Thanks for any ideas...I'm desperate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 08:04 AM

2,758 posts, read 5,654,585 times
What about everyone going to the Eiteljorg Museum of Native and American Art? Would generate a lot of conversation and might be something not everyone had done. Both guys and gals can really relate to the art shown.

Call and ask if there are any docent led talks.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:16 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,074,297 times
Plenty to do, Museums, shows indydt should have a list of shows going on during your stint here. Catch a nice dinner at St. Elmo's. I like the quaint atmosphere of Saffron off of Mass Ave (Moraccan). You have IMA on 38th with 100 acres. It would help to know some of the things your husband likes to do.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:22 AM

3,900 posts, read 1,896,421 times
http://visitindy.com/
plenty of stuff to read about here.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:31 AM

1,977 posts, read 2,737,251 times
What about one of the Comedy Clubs? There are several in Indianapolis, depending upon where you want to have dinner. You could do dinner and then the show following.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM

114 posts, read 183,898 times
Default B Day in INDY

Daytime (Indoor)

Dave and Busters for lunch and games
Dave & Busters - Indianapolis, IN, 46250 - Citysearch

or
Indiana Museum for lunch and art
Indianapolis Museum of Art | Modern, African & Fine Art, Gardens

Food's great

Dinner - Too many to pick

After dinner
Music?

the Jazz Kitchen
The Jazz Kitchen | jazz, food, fun

Slippery Noodle (Blues)
Slippery Noodle Inn - Home

Enjoy - whatever you do.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:48 PM

4 posts, read 6,117 times
Thanks for the replies. He's pretty open to most things, although he's not a big fan of music (other than classic rock and blues).

I went on visitindy.com and found quite a few ideas. Anyone done any of the things below?

- Mind Tripping show
- Eiteljorg Museum
- Ghost walk - North East Downtown Indianapolis - Chilling Chatham Arch Lockerbie Ghost Walk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis