U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-20-2007, 02:55 PM

17,605 posts, read 25,209,777 times

Advertisements

Lawrence Central???

Old 09-21-2007, 05:45 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,240,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataEast View Post
Just look at the list.

The 1,200 Top U.S. Schools - Newsweek America's Best High Schools - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12532678/site/newsweek/ - broken link)
Again, this is no slug fest. I think we should be more concerned about the fact that only four central Indiana school made your list. The first thing that stands out to me is that NC only summited results from one test and not both. Kudos to NC for making your list every year.

The Indiana stats show Lawrence Central has a slight lead over NC in graduation rate and ISTEP passing. NC spends more per student then all four making the list, NC, Zville, Carmel, and LC. Kudos, that would make them a best buy for your buck since they have the highest at-risk student ratio; although they didn't make the honor roll school list. (Carmel spends the least of the four.)

I've said in the past that I was always impressed with NC's parent participation when I was attending an event there. Unfortunately, I cannot and would not, live inside the boundaries of Marion County. Again, I'm biased as I've been attached to a 911 line and police radio there for 13 years.

In contrast to the township schools, the news that IPS is "missing" 1300 students, most likely due to a mass rebellion over their new uniform policy, if we conservatively take 50% of that number, then we have 650 kids out there, not going to school and potentially falling under the wrong influence.

As far as ISTEP goes, there is something about 80% passing (Zville & Carmel) vs. 50% passing (NC & LC).

When it came down to it, I had to choose the best community for education and crime on 30K a year, and I found that in Zionsville.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 11:49 AM

306 posts, read 701,552 times
Westfield is also a great area to raise a family! I'm in the process of relocating out of state, from Westfield and will miss it.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis