Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
The only places I'm actually impressed with and enjoy visiting are LA, Vegas, NYC, Miami, and SF.
I see, you enjoy plasticity. Everyone else is just too down-to-earth for you. Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
When I went to Iowa, and we played them, there were shirts that said "Iowa vs Ohio State", intentionally leaving off "The". Didn't go over too well with them.
It's OK. The vast majority of seasons, the Buckeyes get the last laugh against the Hawkeyes. Perennial underachievers (or just perennially overrated).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 08:39 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I see, you enjoy plasticity. Everyone else is just too down-to-earth for you. Got it.

It's OK. The vast majority of seasons, the Buckeyes get the last laugh against the Hawkeyes. Perennial underachievers (or just perennially overrated).

I guess this is precisely why he places so much value into the culture of the Kansas City region. The people are fake and pretentious to say the least. I won't go on and on about the other issues they have at the moment...

Old 05-10-2012, 09:34 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,752,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post

Yes, they did - and they also got free tattoos for winning

Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I guess this is precisely why he places so much value into the culture of the Kansas City region. The people are fake and pretentious to say the least. I won't go on and on about the other issues they have at the moment...
KC is surely backwards in more ways than one

Old 05-10-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
KC is surely backwards in more ways than one
Yes, it is. I wish it was not like that of course especially since I have lived here for a fairly long time now and have come to grips that the attitude won't change much in the near future. At least Indy is a real city albeit with a more laid back and rural flavor. KC is just a very big town that is quite backwards. Whoever coined the phrase "everythin's up to date in Kansas City" surely must have been joking.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:23 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Yes, it is. I wish it was not like that of course especially since I have lived here for a fairly long time now and have come to grips that the attitude won't change much in the near future. At least Indy is a real city albeit with a more laid back and rural flavor. KC is just a very big town that is quite backwards. Whoever coined the phrase "everythin's up to date in Kansas City" surely must have been joking.
well Hoosier Hospitality is superior on the kindness charts
Heck during Super Bowl 46 New Englanders and New Yorkers called us as being to nice.
there is no such thing as being to nice! well atleast in the midwest. idk about the liberal coast though

Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
well Hoosier Hospitality is superior on the kindness charts
Heck during Super Bowl 46 New Englanders and New Yorkers called us as being to nice.
there is no such thing as being to nice! well atleast in the midwest. idk about the liberal coast though
It's really a generalization about regions in that respect.

When I worked at BMG in Indy in the 1990's I spent two months tracking every single phone call that I took at my job and noted where they called from and how pleasant or rude they were. The five states with the rudest people were California, New Jersey, Missouri, Massachusetts and Florida. Indiana was in the top five most pleasant or civil.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
It's really a generalization about regions in that respect.

When I worked at BMG in Indy in the 1990's I spent two months tracking every single phone call that I took at my job and noted where they called from and how pleasant or rude they were. The five states with the rudest people were California, New Jersey, Missouri, Massachusetts and Florida. Indiana was in the top five most pleasant or civil.

I should add that recently a pharmacist that I talk to here in KC also noted that people are getting extremely nasty here. I noted it decades ago. My niece in Connecticut also recently said that people in Connecticut were also starting to get really rude as well.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,899,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
So you're saying that many from Indy would prefer to vacation in Nashville or the Smoky Mountains over Traverse City or a big lake in Michigan?
I think most from central Indiana south would rather go to Florida, if anything. Most of the people I knew that went north were two generations removed from me. There seems to be the idea that the lake is dirty (compared to...?) and Michigan is not worth the time if you can afford to go to Florida. The Smokey Mountains were probably the second most common vacation destination within the US.

I am personally a big fan of the Lake. I'd rather go there than Florida and I have been there in the dead of winter. But very few agree with me. Oh well.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
When someone around here says they are visiting Nashville, they are usually referring to the one Brown County. I like Nashville, TN; but I wonder how on the radar that is for most people in Indianapolis as a destination beyond seeing the Colts play at LP Field. That seems like it usually just a pass through on the way to Gatlinburg.
We see a lot of Indiana license plates in Nashville. It is a very popular destination for Midwesterners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis