Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 08:54 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Yeah, I wasn't sure about the latest stats for Cincy. I'm surprised at how low the current estimates were for Cleveland. Regardless, the point still stands that Indy may be the second-largest city in the Midwest, but it is certainly not the second-most important metro in the Midwest.
that will change over time trust me.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,911,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
Interesting. I wasn't aware that Texas was a "coastal" state. I mean, I understand a portion of it is on the Gulf Coast, but when I think of "coastal" states at least as it is used by the majority of CD posters, it usually refers to state on the "East" Coast (Maine down to Florida) and the "West" Coast (Washington down to the MX border).
Sounds like you answered your own question. The Gulf is a major body of water unlike a lake or a river or stream.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:38 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Newsroom: Population: Texas Dominates List of Fastest-Growing Large Cities Since 2010 Census, Census Bureau Reports

some words of note.
Austin, TX population is OVER estimated. using Austin's population growth and averaging it out for the past 10 years it should of only grown by 17,000 residents. not 34,000 residents. This was the same case for Atlanta a couple of years back. Census gives to generous of numbers in the estimates. not to mention how bad the economy is right now and how little people are moving.
2nd Chicago gaining population? ya right when pigs fly maybe the Census will be right on that. Only when Pigs Fly though. if anything the tax increases has acclerated people's flight out of Chicago and Crook County. Although the housing market crash and economy may just save Chicago's rear for the next 2-3 years. But still inching closer to Detroithood.
Finally its nice to see the census bring down Jacksonville a little bit. Indy is bigger than Jacksonville and its ironic the census will come up with these crazy boundries to boost other cities and bring down others.
Jacksonville isnt even half developed in its consolidated county. Indy only has parts of Franklin and Decatur Township left and that will be eaten up by 2030.
2nd curious to see what the real population of Indianapolis is and not just the *balance*.
So here's my big question ... Who cares??

Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 AM

583 posts, read 884,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
Interesting. I wasn't aware that Texas was a "coastal" state.
So you've never noticed the hurricanes hitting Houston, the Jimmy Webb song "Galveston," the abundance of bayou culture around Beaumont, Houston's massive port complex, or the kids visiting the beaches of South Padre?

"Galveston, oh Galveston
I still hear your sea winds blowing"

Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I think this thread has run it's course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis