U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2012, 07:29 PM
 
4,005 posts, read 3,436,808 times
Reputation: 6136

Advertisements

Two babies left in cars today in triple digit temperatures. A three month old in Greenfield died after being left in a car when it was 105 degrees. And a one year old in Fishers was left for an hour while mom was clothes shopping at Simply Chic on 96th St. when it was 103 degrees. That baby was suffering seizures when she was removed from the car.

It is so hot today that I won't let my dogs stay out in my shady backyard. How can parents leave babies in hot cars??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2012, 10:11 PM
 
2,749 posts, read 2,210,070 times
Reputation: 1239
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Two babies left in cars today in triple digit temperatures. A three month old in Greenfield died after being left in a car when it was 105 degrees. And a one year old in Fishers was left for an hour while mom was clothes shopping at Simply Chic on 96th St. when it was 103 degrees. That baby was suffering seizures when she was removed from the car.

It is so hot today that I won't let my dogs stay out in my shady backyard. How can parents leave babies in hot cars??
You never know what goes through peoples minds. What seems like common sense for us may not ne for someone else. It is up to the law now to figure out what punishment will be doled out. What irks me are the calls for the parents to be shot and/or tortured. The same people complaining claiming to abhor violence all while advocating it when it suits their purposes. Obviously someone dropped the ball with their parenting skills. Im a parent and its sad to hear. Im not perfect and we all make parenting mistakes. Luckily for a lot if us those mistakes do not end up in dire circumstances but one bad break and it can all go wrong. Ive worked with people who have forgotten their kids in stores and have to go back for their kids. The british pm left his kid in a pub. Think of what could have happened!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 AM
 
2,133 posts, read 1,908,871 times
Reputation: 2370
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
You never know what goes through peoples minds. What seems like common sense for us may not ne for someone else. It is up to the law now to figure out what punishment will be doled out. What irks me are the calls for the parents to be shot and/or tortured. The same people complaining claiming to abhor violence all while advocating it when it suits their purposes. Obviously someone dropped the ball with their parenting skills. Im a parent and its sad to hear. Im not perfect and we all make parenting mistakes. Luckily for a lot if us those mistakes do not end up in dire circumstances but one bad break and it can all go wrong. Ive worked with people who have forgotten their kids in stores and have to go back for their kids. The british pm left his kid in a pub. Think of what could have happened!
I completely agree that it's up to the law to decide and I am completely in favor of not jumping to conclusions...but some things just do not happen without someone being grossly negligent. IMO, Leaving a child in a car in 100+ degree temperatures is one of those things. Maybe those parents had reasons for doing what they did, and maybe those reasons made sense in their minds. But I would think objectively they would have to be pretty compelling reasons based on pretty exigent circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 06:11 AM
 
2,238 posts, read 1,338,076 times
Reputation: 874
Some people should never have kids. If you forgot your 1 yr old in a car, then how often do you leave your kid alone? It must be plenty because knowing where your little one is at all times is number 1 on most parents mind all the time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 06:13 AM
 
4,005 posts, read 3,436,808 times
Reputation: 6136
The baby who died in Greenfield was left there by her father, who had parked the car in front of his parents' house. His father is the one who found the baby and took her to the hospital which is only a block away from the home. She was pronounced dead at the hospital. He is a teacher in the Greenfield school district.

The baby's dad was arrested, and it was reported that the baby had been in the car for an extended period of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 06:16 AM
 
4,005 posts, read 3,436,808 times
Reputation: 6136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Some people should never have kids. If you forgot your 1 yr old in a car, then how often do you leave your kid alone? It must be plenty because knowing where your little one is at all times is number 1 on most parents mind all the time!
There have been warnings on tv and radio about leaving your cell phone in a hot car because it could damage them. I am sure parents remember to take their phones with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Ohio
3,440 posts, read 2,513,196 times
Reputation: 2572
When children are left unattended in a car the child should be taken away and the responsible adult charged with attempted murder.

Same goes for those that allow their child to climb around the car unrestrained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Chicago
36,607 posts, read 57,896,760 times
Reputation: 25626
As hard as it may be to believe, sometimes people just forget their kid is with them in the car. If what they're doing is not part of a kid-centered routine and the kid is sound asleep in the back seat (as is required by law in most cases) without making a peep, it's not inconceivable that the parent just plain forgot. So while that would still be an obvious case of negligence which may demand criminal reprocussions, it can happen to the most well-meaning of parents whose slip of the mind happened to have deadly consequences. So enough with the torches and pitchforks; the parents are almost certainly suffering already far more than your stabs and burns could possibly inflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 06:41 AM
 
4,005 posts, read 3,436,808 times
Reputation: 6136
There was outrage in Cincinnati a couple of years ago when an Assistant Principal left her little girl in a hot car for eight hours in the school parking lot. The mom wasn't charged, even though it wasTHIRD TIME the mom had left the baby in the car.

The unbelievable thing was that the mom went back to her car twice to get boxes of donuts to bring inside and still left the baby in the car. The security video showed her returning to the car to get donuts and both times leaving the baby behind.

The mom wasn't charged at all in the death of her baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2012, 07:40 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 1,071,560 times
Reputation: 903
This is just so criminally STUPID it defies all logic.
Un-educated un-caring illiterate trash should NOT have children, PERIOD.
There simply MUST be the harshest crack-down on child-abuse, child-neglect and child-endangerment.
If you cannot dedicate 100% of your time and your life to your kids....then do NOT have them! Find some "other" way of getting your gross sexual needs scratched...Do NOT do anything "sexual" that might even remotely result in you, or someone else, having a baby.
Clearly we've reached the point, after decades of baseless amoral social decline and rot where humans cannot manage their own affairs.
They've, way too many of us, have lost the ability to take care of even the most basic tasks. The government (no doubt chock-full of really "smart" people) should manage all aspects of peoples heath, education, finances and reproductive "habits" to prevent us from making this earth a living nightmarish hell.
And to think, there are some out there who cannot have kids but would love to have them to cherish and nurture.....and yet the mutants breed like ABSOLUTE ANIMALS and leave their young to DIE. I've seen better "parenting" from rabid dogs....

Last edited by Happy Cells; 07-08-2012 at 07:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top