U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-30-2012, 09:35 PM

2,749 posts, read 2,216,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Update: the meeting was wonderful. Mayor Ballard was surprised how involved i was and how smart i was.
Also to everyone that doubted the CME group relocation from Chicago to Indianapolis. i have some info that nobody else has.
CME officials met with Mayor Ballard IN HIS conference room and they were selecting sites in Indianapolis for a potential skyscraper to house them. including the market square arena site. Mayor Ballard as well as i knew full well how much Indianapolis would change if CME group came here. He even laughed when i say its like the colts moving here again and he agreed. 10 years later well get CME group to Indianapolis like it should be Thanks for your time and if you have any questions regarding my meeting with Mayor Ballard feel free to PM or ask on this thread.
You dont know how businesses work. Cme was never coming here EVER! the did the dog and pony show for illiniois to cave which they did as expected.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 09:47 PM

3,900 posts, read 2,074,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
You dont know how businesses work. Cme was never coming here EVER! the did the dog and pony show for illiniois to cave which they did as expected.
msam msam msam msam...................... dont let your *business understanding* get to the best of you.
Ballard personally told me he saw that CME group was not using Indianapolis to get a corporate welfare handout. it may seem that way but then you have to consider the business CME is in.
Regardless in 10 years when the corporate welfare handout expires ill be meeting with Ballard or whoever is mayor then and ask them to write CME a *Blank Check* to get them to Indianapolis. Ballard as well as me know that CME moving to Indy would change the city forever. just like when the colts moved.
Msam one thing you should know about me is im persistent. i wont rest until CME groups headquarters/electronic trading operations are in Indianapolis. Chicago can keep the trading pits. thats fine by me.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 PM

4,005 posts, read 3,448,908 times
Quote:
Update: the meeting was wonderful. Mayor Ballard was surprised how involved i was and how smart i was.

Did you tell him about your plan to pipe in water from Lake Michigan?

Old 07-30-2012, 11:31 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,643,653 times
Quote:
Msam one thing you should know about me is im persistent. i wont rest until CME groups headquarters/electronic trading operations are in Indianapolis. Chicago can keep the trading pits. thats fine by me.
Well you're going to be hoping aimlessly for a long time before the CHICAGO Mercantile Exchange moves to Indianapolis. Chicago is a financial hub in North American, probably the biggest after New York. It's not happening, Gary has a better chance.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 AM

1,831 posts, read 1,959,919 times
They may even uproot the Willis Tower and drop that right in downtown Indianapolis.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:50 AM

114 posts, read 191,530 times
Treat it like an interview but not as someone suggested a job interview.
Interview him.

Questions

Q - Mr. Mayor, Marion County, according to 2010 figures from the U.S. Census Bureau, has 30 percent of its children living in poverty and 1 out of every 5 people living in poverty. Do you think that's a problem and if so how do you fix it?

Q - Would you support a living wage ordinance in Marion County?

Q - Don't you think we should be spending less on IndyGo's budget?

These are just three suggestions.

Or you can just shmooze, make nice and maybe get an autograph.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
They may even uproot the Willis Tower and drop that right in downtown Indianapolis.
-1 for trolling.
and 2nd keep being the naysayer its fine

Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Well you're going to be hoping aimlessly for a long time before the CHICAGO Mercantile Exchange moves to Indianapolis. Chicago is a financial hub in North American, probably the biggest after New York. It's not happening, Gary has a better chance.
nobody said the entire CME group would move to Indy oh no no no. but im going to let you guys wait and see.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 AM

17,605 posts, read 25,239,080 times
you're assuming Ballard will be Mayor in 10 years, son.

It's nice that he gave you a little time out of his mayoral day, but he has better things to worry about than the CME group relocating here, which isn't going to happen. yes, the so called corporate tax welfare (??????) will end it 10 years ... hmmmm ... ever heard up re-upping the tax break? Did that take your entire 15 minutes? Seriously? I'd be more interested in hearing his plans for IPS, mass transit and infrastructure improvements .. you know, things that have an impact on the PEOPLE of Indianapolis?

It's nice that you got a little taste of small city politics. But you aren't the only one who knows what he told you. And furthermore, coming on here acting like you are in on some big thing ... well, I hope you have a good school year.

Did you get his autograph?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:01 AM

17,605 posts, read 25,239,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
that's funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis