Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 06:52 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times

Advertisements

Mpg is just part of a solution when we are low on oil in the world. The point is we are not low. It is supply of gas vs demand. Demand has increased and we as a world dont refine more oil into gas. Thats what causes prices to increase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 07:22 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,099,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
Time to nationalize the oil.

Give all the private, mostly foreign companies the boot and lets do this thing.

I'm still voting with my wallet. No road trips for me so far this summer. Normally I'd have 3 or 4 of them under my belt by now. The economy is paying a price.

I should get an elephant.
Good idea nationalize the gas
then the govies can outsource to a foreign owned consortium--- and really stuck it to us.

Face it we are stuck at 5 dollar a gallon gasoline.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:01 AM

629 posts, read 771,375 times
Stepped into the Nstar yessterday and left the on ramp doing about 80, such a sweet freaking motor. My son in the back yellin go daddy go. gas?

pft

Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times
The pipe line that goes from MN to your area ruptured in WI.
The oil will be flowing again soon and the price will come down a little.
It is a supply and demand situation.. No suply, yet the same demand.
The next reason gas went up in price is bemuse the EPA now requires all gas to be ULSG or ultra low sulfur gas.
and the problem is with meeting the low sulfur requirement or upgrading the refining process.

"
GasBuddy.com petroleum analyst Patrick DeHaan said Friday that several Great Lakes states have seen prices surge about 40 cents per gallon in the last week. That follows a pipeline rupture and shutdown in Wisconsin and equipment problems at refineries in Indiana and Illinois."
By The Associated Press
CREATED Aug. 3, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound75 View Post
I am in total agreement with this. Gas is $3.96 here in Petoskey and is supposed to be $4.01 by weekend's end. Gas went up .50 freaking cents in a week. "Corporations are people, too"....Yeah, evil, money sucking people.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:34 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,099,444 times
Still a bunch of crap...

If any company shall supply gas to the public they should have another government regulation that sets a minimum requirement for a disruption.

The government controls everything else why not something that pretty much the vast majority deals with all the time.

would it be too much to ask a set number of reserves for disruptions
all in all i am sure they would still find a way to jab it to us but its just a random thought

If company A supplies fuel to states b, c, d and e then they should take an average of the last 2 years gas demand for a given year and at minimum have a two week to three week supply until the problem at the refinery is fixed or the pipeline is fixed

If the area requires a certain blended fuel for pollution control then that should be averaged in for the supply hold back.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:33 PM

316 posts, read 660,426 times
Fishers, IN=$3.86-$3.95 Tinley Park, IL=$4.17-$4.39.
Illinois is always more expensive for almost anything.
Where In Indiana are you from?
Look how we advance in computer technology so fast but the gas driven auto has hardly changed in 100yrs, greed greed greed!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
And as a result of the drought which will produce a bad harvest ... food prices will be skyrocketing too!

Old 08-06-2012, 06:14 PM

219 posts, read 439,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
You can always cut your expenses by riding a bicycle/motorcycle or taking mass transit.
That's the plan of the globalists, to have all Americans in mass transit or operating with feudal-level transportation. All subjects can be easily controlled via state sponsored mass transit.

Ever notice on tv how they are throwing EV and small little box cars in our face? It's not an accident. Last year during the super bowl there was a Fiat ad I believe with Jenifer Lopez. It was this little small box car. The Walgreens across the street has an EV charging station, never seen it used.

If the trend continues, in 10 years that's all you'll be able to afford. Soon after you'll be forced to move close to or inside a mega city. The mega cities have the mass transit infrastructure and they have the best economic opportunity. It's also much easier to track, trace, and database all subjects inside the mega city. There will be license plate reading cameras, facial recognition cameras, and long distance microphones on every corner. They already have street lights that can spy on you:

Intellistreets

Old 08-06-2012, 06:34 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiro499 View Post
That's the plan of the globalists, to have all Americans in mass transit or operating with feudal-level transportation. All subjects can be easily controlled via state sponsored mass transit.

Ever notice on tv how they are throwing EV and small little box cars in our face? It's not an accident. Last year during the super bowl there was a Fiat ad I believe with Jenifer Lopez. It was this little small box car. The Walgreens across the street has an EV charging station, never seen it used.

If the trend continues, in 10 years that's all you'll be able to afford. Soon after you'll be forced to move close to or inside a mega city. The mega cities have the mass transit infrastructure and they have the best economic opportunity. It's also much easier to track, trace, and database all subjects inside the mega city. There will be license plate reading cameras, facial recognition cameras, and long distance microphones on every corner. They already have street lights that can spy on you:

Intellistreets
Oh brother ...

Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM

219 posts, read 439,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Oh brother ...
Minus the who and why parts of my post, do you deny the economic trend(s) of the last 40 years? Real wages are stuck at 1970 levels, gas was .99cents in the 90s. How much do you think it will be in 10 years?

And yes, the .1% and their cronies own a majority stake in basically everything:

The 147 Companies That Control Everything - Forbes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis