U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 PM

2,266 posts, read 1,313,623 times
Default New building on Carmel Dr

Does anyone happen to know what they are building along Carmel Dr in Carmel just east of Rangeline? It used to be a medical office I think but was empty and for sale for a while. Now the building has been torn down and the site cleared. It's next to the Carmel Racquet Club and across the street from Hunter's Run. I imagine it will just be another little office building but was curious if it might be something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 06:28 PM

3,590 posts, read 4,495,413 times
I hadn't even noticed that.. I'll check it out next time.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 AM

Meant to post the follow up to this a couple weeks ago. Fifth Third Bank is building a new building at this location on Carmel Dr next to the Carmel Racquet Club and moving from the strip mall next door into its own freestanding building.

Also while we're at it, Kite Realty Group is in the process of redevelopment it's shopping centers The Centre and The Corner, located on the northwest and southwest corners of 116th Street and Rangeline Rd in Carmel respectively. Parts of The Centre have been torn down and will be rebuilt closer to the road, per Carmel's requirements. An Earth Fare supermarket will fill in the spot vacated by CVS while Panera Bread will move from Merchants Square to a new buildings in The Centre joining a new restaurant City Barbeque. The Old National Bank on the corner will move to a new building further west along 116th Street and the current Old National Bank building will be torn down to make way for a Walgreens on the corner.

Across the street at The Corner, the changes don't seem to be as dramatic though I think the exterior is getting a facelift. And MacKenzie River Pizza Company will be opening a restaurant in that shopping center in the former Bike Lane space, which moved to City Center this year.

Also, the McDonalds in Carmel at Carmel Dr and Keystone Parkway has filed plans to tear down the current building and rebuild it, doubling the size, changing the orientation, and adding a second drive-thru lane, essentially the same thing McDonalds did in Fishers with its locations at 116th St and I-69 and also at 96th St and I-69.

And finally, rumor is that McAlisters Deli on 116th Street just west of Keystone Parkway is planning to move to a more visible location, though I haven't seen any confirmation on that or where they are planning to move. My guess is one of those empty restaurants such as the old Lone Star Steakhouse building right along 116th Street.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM

6,747 posts, read 7,641,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Also, the McDonalds in Carmel at Carmel Dr and Keystone Parkway has filed plans to tear down the current building and rebuild it, doubling the size, changing the orientation, and adding a second drive-thru lane, essentially the same thing McDonalds did in Fishers with its locations at 116th St and I-69 and also at 96th St and I-69.
This is part of a new strategy McDonald's is employing. I think all of the metro Indianapolis McDonald's locations are going to be updated or rebuilt to look like the one at 96th and Meridian.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...ns-1B-makeover

Old 10-09-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
This is part of a new strategy McDonald's is employing. I think all of the metro Indianapolis McDonald's locations are going to be updated or rebuilt to look like the one at 96th and Meridian.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...ns-1B-makeover
That article mentions some Burger Kings doing something similar. I wish they would do something with the Burger King in Westfield in front of Wal-Mart. It's pretty dingy and dirty and it's been there for a long time.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:57 AM

3,590 posts, read 4,495,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
That article mentions some Burger Kings doing something similar. I wish they would do something with the Burger King in Westfield in front of Wal-Mart. It's pretty dingy and dirty and it's been there for a long time.
Totally agree! All of those restaurants right there are dingy.. The Steak and Shake or the Fridays aren't any better.... They'll probably remodel that whole area once the 31 project is done, don't you think?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Totally agree! All of those restaurants right there are dingy.. The Steak and Shake or the Fridays aren't any better.... They'll probably remodel that whole area once the 31 project is done, don't you think?
Possibly. I know some places further north toward 151st Street are being torn down, like that old Wendys and I think the little strip mall next to it, to make way for the 31 project. I was just up that way today and saw Kohls announcing a grand re-opening on October 18th. I haven't been in there to know what they've changed, though. And maybe they'll be able to eliminate some of those stoplights once direct access to 31 is closed off on that road between Marsh and Hobby Lobby. 3 stoplights in that very short stretch is ridiculous.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM

2,175 posts, read 1,236,294 times
All those stop lights should be gone when the route traffic to behind lowes to get into that whole area.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:59 PM

3,991 posts, read 3,163,804 times
Wendys, the strip mall and both banks have been demolished. It is completely bare there now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis