Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:49 PM

416 posts, read 697,285 times

Advertisements

I was part of a discussion where someone said Indianapolis has more in common with Minneapolis than Louisville. Just because one is part of the Midwest and the other is part of the South doesn't really define their characteristics. Louisville has a lot of Midwest characteristics, don't you think? Indianapolis and Louisville have a lot in common because of their location and proximity to each other. I didn't realize there was a major wall that divided the two states of Indiana and Kentucky and there were no attributes between the two. Think of the sporting culture, food, and overall culture of Indianapolis and Louisville versus Indianapolis and Minneapolis.

What city do you think Indianapolis is more like? Louisville or Minneapolis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 04:58 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,474,641 times
Neither. It's more like Columbus, Ohio.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:03 PM

261 posts, read 498,470 times
I've never been to Minneapolis, but I've spent countless hours in both Indy and Louisville. I would venture to guess that Indy would have far more in common with Louisville than Minneapolis given that Louisville is more comparable in size and is only 100 miles away. Minneapolis is quite a bit bigger than Indy and Louisville, and is also much more corporate. I'm sure it feels like a much much larger city, because it is.

Indy and Louisville have a lot in common.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Neither. It's more like Columbus, Ohio.
Columbus wasn't part of the discussion. Louisville and Minneapolis were, that's why they were asked about.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:28 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,122,456 times
Neither

Old 05-30-2013, 05:32 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,411,492 times
Minneapolis and Loisville have more in common.
Old livly neighbouhoods, one has the Ohio river, the other the Mississipi.
But Minneapolis is a whole lot bigger than both. Don't know why tough, nasty winters up there......

Old 05-30-2013, 05:41 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,474,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post
Columbus wasn't part of the discussion. Louisville and Minneapolis were, that's why they were asked about.
I can read, thank you. Must I conform?

Old 05-30-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I can read, thank you. Must I conform?
I assumed you could read, at least your spelling was correct. Never said you had to conform, I asked a question, and Columbus wasn't part of it, guess it's just as simple as that. I was asking between the other two cities. At least indy18 "conformed" a bit.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Minneapolis and Loisville have more in common.
Old livly neighbouhoods, one has the Ohio river, the other the Mississipi.
But Minneapolis is a whole lot bigger than both. Don't know why tough, nasty winters up there......
Indianapolis doesn't have lively neighborhoods?

Old 05-30-2013, 07:42 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,587,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post
I assumed you could read, at least your spelling was correct. Never said you had to conform, I asked a question, and Columbus wasn't part of it, guess it's just as simple as that. I was asking between the other two cities. At least indy18 "conformed" a bit.
I think the answer you're looking for is neither. Here are two things you can compare. Indianapolis is like Minneapolis for two reasons. They both end in apolis and they both have a lot of skywalks downtown. Indianapolis is like Louisville in the sense that....I really don't know. They're closer together geographically and population wise? Honestly, I don't know a ton about either city, but I feel like Indianapolis feels a good amount larger than Louisville and a lot smaller Minneapolis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis