Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,520 times

Advertisements

I just left Indy after 3 1/2 years and I must tell you that I will always think fondly of it. I boomeranged my way from Bolingbrook, IL to Sarasota, Fl (10 months) to Indianapolis (3 1/2 years) back to Bolingbrook,IL. We lived in Greenwood for a year and then moved to Lawrence near 56th and Pendleton Pike. The city had it's quirks but all cities do. It is a great American city. It had everything I needed. My only real complaint was that my family (wife and kids) never really grew to like and appreciate it. My extended family lives in Chicago and we had no family in Indianapolis. People of Indy - Keep it clean - Value your lives and property and all will benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 AM

143 posts, read 237,767 times
Wait...some positive things to say about Indy? Are you sure you're on the right forum?

Old 06-24-2014, 04:02 PM

600 posts, read 824,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammwill View Post
Wait...some positive things to say about Indy? Are you sure you're on the right forum?

Mike Pence hired a small team of interns over the summer to scour internet forums and write favorable reviews with overused phrases such as, but not limited to; "job creators", "low taxes", "Triple A credit rating", etc......

I'm not sure if the program will be extended post summer, I suppose it depends largely on the feedback, IMO.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
Mike Pence hired a small team of interns over the summer to scour internet forums and write favorable reviews with overused phrases such as, but not limited to; "job creators", "low taxes", "Triple A credit rating", etc......

I'm not sure if the program will be extended post summer, I suppose it depends largely on the feedback, IMO.
Don't be ridiculous, Pence hates Indianapolis.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:09 PM

600 posts, read 824,842 times
Pence only took Governor as a stepping stone towards a primary for potential presidential election.

I can respect what Mitch Daniels did for Indiana but Pence has just rode on Daniels coattails with the same generic rhetoric.

I really don't like any party in politics at all. I could get behind Daniels but not Pence.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:59 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
Pence only took Governor as a stepping stone towards a primary for potential presidential election.

I can respect what Mitch Daniels did for Indiana but Pence has just rode on Daniels coattails with the same generic rhetoric.

I really don't like any party in politics at all. I could get behind Daniels but not Pence.
Sort of. Daniels at least avoided the nasty social issues. Economically, Pence's answer for everything is the same -- lower taxes. I have to stare at those "Stillannoyed?" billboards every time I'm in the Chicago area for work. They're embarassing.

My dream is that Pence declines to run for re-election so he can focus on his presidential campaign, which will be a loser.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:00 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Don't be ridiculous, Pence hates Indianapolis.
And NWI, so he effectively hates the largest metros in the state.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:26 AM

56 posts, read 75,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Sort of. Daniels at least avoided the nasty social issues. Economically, Pence's answer for everything is the same -- lower taxes. I have to stare at those "Stillannoyed?" billboards every time I'm in the Chicago area for work. They're embarassing.

My dream is that Pence declines to run for re-election so he can focus on his presidential campaign, which will be a loser.
I don't really like Pence, but what's wrong with those posters? I think they are great. Illinois is a total mess of a state. Something like 40% of residents believe they live in the worst state in the nation. The corrupt cesspool of Chicago has drug the entire state into the gutter. Chicago is a great city, but it's politics are scary bad.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:20 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,760,644 times
Nice of the OP to take a minute and write something nice. So often all we read are negative comments.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,520 times
I am not into politics. I really enjoyed living in Indy. I got to enjoy the last year of Peyton playing for Colts, the misery of the following season and resurgence of the Colts with Andrew Luck. The city itself just needs to be cared for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis